Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Banana Bread

With Caden being sensitive to dairy and eggs, I've had to search for a new repertoire of favorite recipes that we all can enjoy together. 

And folks.  
This banana bread. 

I think my family inhales it -- it disappears so fast! It's moist and yummy; I find myself buying extra bananas at the grocery store just to ensure I have them on hand to bake bread later in the week.


Here's what you need:

4 small bananas
1/2 C coconut oil, slightly heated & melted*
1/2-3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C coconut milk*
1 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 C flour

Combine mashed bananas and oil. Add milk and vanilla, then stir in sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add flour and stir just until combined. Pour mixture into greased and floured loaf pan (or 3 mini pans). Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from pan(s).

*If you aren't concerned about dairy & lactose, you can of course use milk and butter instead of coconut products. 

Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bethany😊 I understand the whole dairy thing as I am dairy free too.... It is hard now as I'm 19 and "cheat" sometimes

Arianna and Caden are so cute.....😉

Many blessings!!!!!

Caravan Sonnet said...

OOH I can not wait to try this!! I am sensitive to eggs (not allergic just sensitive) and am allergic to milk so this will be a great recipe to try! Thanks for sharing Bethany!!
Blessings, Rebecca :)

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!
But I'm just curious, what temperature do you bake the bread at?

Can't wait to try this recipe out!

God Bless!

Emily Anneliese said...

Hi Bethany! This banana bread looks amazing! I totally want to make it. :) I've been following your blog for a while, so it was great to be able to meet your husband at the Oak Brook College of Law alumni retreat last month! Hopefully I can meet you someday :) (and your kids look absolutely adorable...) Blessings, Emily
www.artisanemily.blogspot.com