Saturday, January 31, 2015

Looking ahead

Wait -- is it too late to share some of my goals for this new year?

I'm attempting something new as I look at things I hope to accomplish this year: instead of a list goals, I'm going to focus on something different each month. As I learn to balance wife/mommy/home/personal responsibilities, I'm looking forward to using my little bits of extra time and energy to push myself in 12 different areas this year. (Is it a cop-out to admit I don't have each month's theme planned quite yet? I like to call it being flexible for the needs that might arise!) 

For January, I prioritized health and fitness.

My specific goals were:
--work out 3-4 times a week 
--drink more water each day
--experiment with egg/dairy free options for Caden

I was so excited to find a few other mom's who wanted to exercise consistently, too, which not only pushed me, but also held me accountable! Three mommies, six kids -- and we made it happen 4 or 5 times each week this month. I have discovered that when I exercise on a consistent basis, it makes me think twice about what I eat, it makes me pay more attention to my posture, and reminds me to drink more water! What benefits do you find when you exercise?

Did you write up goals for this year?
And can you believe January is almost over already?

#helloFebruary

3 comments:

Caravan Sonnet said...

Happy February lady! :) I love this idea of picking a theme/goal to focus on for each month of the year (I am totally stealing this idea!!) *smiles* I didn't pick as many goals as such this year but instead picked several things that I wanted to pray through and work on this year. With my health I have broken it down into weekly/yearly things but love the idea of monthly ideas! :) All of the things that I chose to pray through and work on fell under my "word for the year" (you can read about it here: http://www.caravansonnet.com/2015/01/mettle.html) It seems like this year is flying- hard to believe that we are here at February 1st!! :) Can't wait to read about your goals for this month!
Blessings,
Rebecca :)

Moriah Mari said...

I love this! Sounds like a great practical way to accomplish personal growth. :) Can't wait to hear more!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I am going to try that myself.

Blessings, Betsy