Wednesday, November 20, 2013

a bit of string

Our new house has been such a blessing and I'm so thankful for the additional space we have. I'm still in the midst of figuring out some decorating details, but I look forward to eventually posting more pictures of our new place!

For now...here's a little glimpse of the latest project I completed for our dining room wall, inspired by ideas I saw on Pinterest



A few cardboard letters...
twine...
a glue gun and lots of glue sticks...
a bit of patience...
uninterrupted time while my lil' girlie napped...

(sorry; no mid-process pictures due to sticky fingers and being tangled up in string!)



And here is my latest wall art! {grin}

I was also thrilled to find this wire basket as I really dislike having paper and mail laying around on my table and kitchen counters. Now when I'm not sure if I should pitch paperwork or not, in it goes to my handy-dandy basket until Dan gets a chance to look through it!

In the event you decide to try wrapping letters of your own -- here are a few things I found helpful:

-begin with the simplest letter as you attempt
to get the hang of it

-put the glue on a bit wide, and wrap three strands around at once (this is a huge time saver!)

-the string going around the back does not need to be perfectly straight and is a good place to begin/end extra strings of twine. But do watch the front and make sure it is straight all the way across!


The letters were on sale at my craft store, so all said and done this cost less than $10 and took just over 90 minutes.


Now...what project to tackle next? 
Decisions, decisions. {smile}

5 comments:

Anna B. said...

Hello adorable!

Annie said...

I love this, Bethany! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth. said...

This is adorable and I love this idea, Bethany! I just may have to do something like this, too. =)

Anonymous said...

This is very creative!

Janel said...

Where did you find the wire basket? Our kitchen table doubles as an office on one end, and I'd love to have the paperwork cleared, if possible. Maybe a wire basket is what I need.