Wednesday, August 21, 2013

hello, unexpected!

Have you ever been in the middle of prepping for some big event and everything is going smoothly, when all of the sudden something unexpected happens and suddenly you find yourself a bit panicked  and wondering how in the world everything is going to turn out? 

Say hello to my afternoon. 

Excited to be photographing a wedding this Saturday, today found me busy preparing by charging camera batteries and making sure all my extra cards were empty and ready. Everything was going like clockwork until I inserted a card into my camera -- and thought I heard a slightly unusual sound. I pulled the card back out, and tried inserting another card, but was unable to do so. Unfortunately, the sound I had heard was the first card breaking and leaving a minuscule piece of plastic stuck in the card reader, completely disabling the use of any card (except the broken one). 

'Frantic' only begins to sum up how I as feeling; my mind was racing with back up options and I found myself praying for an easy solution. Knowing that most camera shops don't do repairs in-store anymore but rather ship them off for weeks if they need fixed, I went ahead and took it to my local camera shop, hoping that this would be something they could fix! What would it take to dislodge a tiny piece of plastic stuck in the dark corner of a camera's super skinny card reader slot? 

A magnifying glass, flashlight, and extra long tweezers later, the broken piece was knocked loose and I was walking out of the store with a working camera! 

Relief. Thankfulness. A huge grin on my face. 

Happy Wednesday, everyone! 


12 comments:

Abigail Cashelle said...

Awwwww. So glad it got fixed in time!!!

Arianna is beautiful in that picture. :)

Abigail

Sarah Stelzl said...

Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! Equipment malfunctions can really be scary moments, so glad it worked out for you!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to leave my name...
-Bethany

Anonymous said...

That photo is so cute and I am very glad that your camera is working again. I hope that the photographing goes well.

xoxo

Aubrey Heki said...

Something similar happened to use recently! Except the broken chip has pictures on it! *panic* My husband was able to rescue the pics and dislodge the tiny piece from the camera...of course that was on our "hand me down" camera and we didn't have a wedding to photograph....

Sarah said...

Wow, what a scare! I am so glad you could get it fixed in time, Praise God :) I know what those kinds of days are like, thankfully those panic attacks don't happen every day. Hope everything went well for the wedding! You are really an amazing photographer, I am inspired by all your neat shots!

Amanda said...

Oh, goodness! THAT would raise my heart rate a bit! I'm glad everything worked out for you!
What an adorable pic of Arianna! (smile)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to get your camera working!!! I know what it is like to have something go wrong with your camera the week of the wedding...NO FUN!!! Thankfully I could get what I needed at my local camera shop as well.:) What would we do without our camera shops??? :)
-Jenny

Moriah Mari said...

Praise the Lord that everything worked out!

Your little one sure is a cutie. :)

Lydia said...

So glad! I'm sure it was a HUGE relief!

Lydia said...

wedding pics please? :)