Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Change of plans

There is something about waking up to the sound of crying at 6am that lets you know that the day's plans will need to be changed. A low fever and a few other teething symptoms makes for a snuggly and slightly fussy girly. Poor thing!

So instead of a girls' day out to celebrate my birthday while waiting for Dan to get off work, we're partying at home by sitting on the couch with a pile of books, water, juice -- and kleenex's within reach. The kitchen sink is full of breakfast dishes, but I can't see it from my view on the couch. What a perfect day to catch up on e-mails, blogging, and browsing pinterest, right?!  {smile}

In the midst of a mostly quiet day, I'm thankful for a girl who is usually cheerful and healthy and who makes {the most adorable} animal sounds when reading picture books. I hear her sweet voice say "ma-ma" and I treasure this day because she is still small enough and I can cuddle and soothe her in the midst of a rough day.

I'm also grateful for the many birthday wishes scattered throughout the day from so many dear friends and family; what an incredible gift to love and be loved!

And tonight my best friend will walk through the door and wrap his arms around me, and make me feel so cherished, loved, and spoiled. Dan somehow manages to make my upside-down days right {just one of his many talents} and spending time with him is always a highlight.

Yes, today isn't going how I would have imagined or even planned it, but that's the beauty of life, right?!




"Enjoy EVERY.SINGLE.MOMENT.

The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly, 
the inspiring, 
the not-so-glamorous moments.

And thank God through it all."
Meghan Matt



So here's to blueberry pancakes for supper, lazy days on the couch, wiping my girly's runny nose, quick phone calls, and an adorable new purse.

What has brought a smile to your face today?

8 comments:

Allison Marshall said...

So very true! Life with darling "littles" is always an exercise in flexibility :)

And everyone could use a relaxing birthday every few years or so (grin)

Hope Arianna feels better soon!

Alison said...

What brought a smile to my face yesterday?

Well, let me see...

Discovering two videos uploaded to YouTube of your family singing/playing, both of which were two songs I'd never heard them do before.

The knowledge that my mom is working on cruise details...come on, February! :)

My sweet and silly lil' dog. She keeps us laughing around here.

A visit to my grandparents house.

And, last but not least, a totally sweet message from none other than the beautiful Bethany Beasley awaiting me on my Facebook message board thingy!

Glad to hear that your day was still beautiful, even if it was different from your original plans. I'd love to see pictures of your new purse! :)

Leah Taconet said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETHANY!!!!
I am always sooooo encouraged when I read your blog. I Love it!
I hope you have a wonderful day as you snuggle your bundle of adorableness.

Sarah Stelzl said...

This is a great post Bethany! Thanks for sharing about your day - I think we can all identify with this at times. I especially love the quote at the end - such a true and wonderful reminder!
Happy Birthday =)

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday!

Lydia said...

Awwww... poor Arianna!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday otherwise!

Jennifer said...

Happy belated birthday!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you are a wonderful Mommy! Arianna is one blessed little girl.

Happy birthday! :)