Wednesday, May 08, 2013

4:17pm


"When You give it to them, they gather it up;
when You open Your hand, they are filled with GOOD things."
Psalms 104:28
her cute little toes sticking out of the highchair



{just one of the little things that made me smile today
and praise the Lord for the many, many other good things He has given me!}


A seriously neglected aspect of the art of appreciation is the habit of noticing...
delusions keep us looking ahead or abroad for happiness, instead of ENJOYING the SMALL pleasures right around us -- HERE and NOW.

--David Dunn 

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh yes, we do need to LOOK and NOTICE the many things we have NOW! I recently started writing in what I call 'My Thankful Book'. It's just a very small notebook that I write in every night. First the date, then 'I'm thankful for:' and a list of random blessings of that day. It's really been helping me be more positive and contented with what I do have, instead of always looking to the future. I find myself thinking throughout the day,"Oh, that will be good for in my book! I better not forget to write this one down!" I'd encourage everyone to do this! :)

Anonymous said...

Great quote, Bethany!!

chels said...

aww...sweet little toes!

Moriah Mari said...

Excellent quote! I'm on my own quest to dig up/notice the gift(s) from God in every moment - thanks for posting this. :)

Sarah said...

Adorable! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the simple things of life! :)

Amanda said...

Awww! That is SO cute! Baby feet and hands are so adorable!