Monday, April 22, 2013

Insta-life

Once again -- its been a full month.
Days filled with rain, teething, snow, new recipes, laundry, more rain, scrap booking, exercising, snow again;
we are more than ready for spring!

I wish I could write and let y'all know that I'm going to resume to consistent posting this summer, but honestly -- I really have no clue how frequently I'll be posting in the coming days. I can tell you that I'm excited to be pulling my camera out more frequently and aim to challenge myself to a 'photo-a-day' for thirty days sometime this summer. (Anyone interested in doing the challenge with me?)

{first visit to the pet store}


To catch you up on the newest, cutest pictures from my phone and a few notable events :

On April 1 we found out that Dan passed the WI bar exam!!! Such a diligent, studious, amazing man that I married. {SMILE}

{green beans win over carrots}

And now later this week, Arianna has her first birthday. Where did the year go? Milestones tend to make me pause and reflect. I have learned so much since Arianna was born -- and considering how much more I have yet to learn, I am humbled to realize I have been entrusted with this little life!

She is becoming quite the copy-cat and daily tries to say new words. Animal sounds are her new favorite (you should see her little 'fish-face!') She's quite the social butterfly and loves grocery shopping with mommy so she can wave at everyone she sees. 

{new teeth are hard work}


{fresh donuts}

{daily bread}

{little fish}

{overnight bread in my cast-iron skillet; ridiculously easy!}

{scrapbooking precious memories...only a year behind!}


And now I'm off to get my little girl up from her nap and get chicken fajitas started for supper. Happy Monday, everyone!


"Be exalted, O Lord, in your STRENGTH
We will sing and praise YOUR power."
Psalms 21:13


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous thing it is to check your blog and discover an update! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Arianna's birthday. Glad to hear that y'all are doing well! :)
Your friend,
Ali

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous thing it is to check your blog and discover an update! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Arianna's birthday. Glad to hear that y'all are doing well! :)
Your friend,
Ali

Esther Maria said...

Your posts are so sweet and home-y, Bethany! :) Thanks for sharing these little bits of your life with us. Happy first Birthday to Arianna! She's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful to hear from you again, Bethany!! Wow, your little sweetie is already one! The 'picture a day' sounds really fun.
Blessings,
Janelle H

Esther Derby said...

That skillet bread looks positively mouth-watering! Maybe you would share the recipe?

Esther Derby said...

That skillet bread looks positively mouth-watering! Perhaps you could share the recipe?

Amanda said...

Thanks for the update Bethany! I always look forward to your posts! Blessings!

Amy W. said...

Hi Bethany!

I love photography as well and I'm interested in doing the challenge with you! Keep me posted on it. :)

Blessings!
~Amy

Sarah said...

Wonderful to get an update! I completely understand not having time to blog, and I will enjoy updates whenever you get to them.
I would love to do the 30 day picture challenge, thanks for the great idea! The moments go by so fast, and the years slip by even faster! aren't you glad we have the ability to capture a little moment in time!?
Enjoy life with your little one!

Aubrey Heki said...

Don't worry about not posting often-- just keep livin' your life with your family...and share pictures every now and then. :-)

Moriah Mari said...

I'd be up for a photo-a-day challenge.

Thanks for posting - I enjoy reading your updates. :)

Pauline said...

Wow! Time flies.She sure is a cutie!

I'm up for the photo challenge, especially since I've been wanting to do one. I will be sure to check back!