Thursday, January 03, 2013

Simple Christmas

[wrapping paper]

Anyone interested in one-of-a-kind, super-cool looking wrapping paper? 

Supplies needed:
an old book that won't be read again
(thrift stores are a great place to find books just ready and waiting to be re-purposed. Just make sure it's not so old that the pages break upon getting bent!) 
bright red thread
+
a sewing machine


Simply take the pages apart and then sew...sew...sew...
until you get a large enough sheet to use for your gift.

I had fun using both a straight and zig-zag stitch to add variety. 


add some red ribbon and a cute tag


and there you have it!

And I couldn't resist posting a picture of my helper, who had a blast entertaining herself with my ribbon bag. {grin}

16 comments:

pinepod said...

How fun and what a cute little helper!

Amy

Sarah Stelzl said...

What a neat idea - I love it! And that is an adorable baby you have! =)

Tasha said...

Awww...she is so cute! Love the idea of the DIY wrapping paper.

Anonymous said...

Wow u are so creative! Love it!

His Grace Abounds said...

Such a great idea! I will have to use it!
It would be great for the birthdays coming up in my family...and its with simple things I have here at home!

Very sweet, and I like the look of it.

Annah's Blog said...

That's cute and very creative!

~Annah~

Elizabeth said...

Love this idea, Bethany! =) I really like the vintage look...and your 'lil girl is absolutely too precious. =)

Alisha Ann said...

thanks for sharing...what a wonderful way to use old books :D

i love the picture of arianna...she is *super* cute!!

serving HIM,
alisha

www.alishainprogress.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

What a CUTE idea! I think I'll try that for next year!
Arianna is so sweet...and I'm sure you already know that... ;)

Mikala said...

That is such a neat idea!! Very classy-looking...and thrifty, too! :-)

Rachel said...

Love that idea, Bethany!

Eleanor Swift said...

OMG that last is Super cute!!!!
Kiss her 4 me would u?

( : David'sKate : ) said...

That is a brilliant idea and a ridiculously adorable picture of your little "helper"! What a sweetie!

Sarah said...

That is a cute idea Bethany!!! You could maybe even use sheets of music the same way! I love reading your blog, you and Dan are so in love and you have the best little family! I am hoping to have that one day! ; )

Sarah said...

That turned out cute Bethany!!! You could maybe even use sheets of music and do the same thing!
I love reading your blog, you and Dan are so in love and you have the best little family! I hope to have that some day!<3 ; )

Amy said...

That is such cool rapping paper! Its unique. And your little helper is adorable!! Thanks for sharing!