1. In a large bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the salt, rosemary, seasonings, olive oil, and whole wheat flour. Add the bread flour and stir until the dough forms a ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface (or with the dough hook in a mixer) for about 5 minutes, adding more flour as necessary to prevent sticking, until smooth.
3. If you are planning on freezing the dough, loosely wrap dough in saran-wrap and place in a ziploc bag. Set in the freezer immediately. (It will expand while in the freezer -- don't worry. It will still bake beautifully later.) If baking the same day, place dough in a lightly greased bowl; cover; and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down the dough and form it into a round loaf. Place it on a cornmeal dusted parchment paper; cover; and let rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven (and pizza stone) to 400 F. Once the dough has risen, gently brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with dried rosemary.
6. Bake on preheated stone for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
Makes 1 round loaf.