Monday, December 17, 2012

Asparagus 'N Spaghetti Squash

Here is another recent creation that came out of my kitchen earlier this month. I'm sure the original recipe is good, but it called for lots of ingredients that I didn't have, but I did have other ingredients in my fridge that I knew would cater to our personal preferences. 

And it turned out delicious! So here is my recipe. If you've never tried spaghetti squash -- I highly recommend introducing yourself to it with this delectable dish!



1 spaghetti squash
1 onion, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 T olive oil
2-3 slices bacon, cooked and diced
3 T crumbled feta cheese
1 T fresh chives, chopped
1 C asparagus (I used frozen)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then place spaghetti squash cut sides down on a baking sheet. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven and set aside till cool enough to be easily handled. (You can also microwave the squash if you want it done in a more timely manner).

In a skillet over medium heat, saute the oil, onion, and garlic till tender. Using a large spoon, scoop the pulp from the squash and add to skillet along with remaining ingredients. Cook another 5-10 minutes (or just until asparagus is tender).

Serve with baked or grilled chicken (or anything, really!) It would make a great side to most any meal.

Hm-mm-m. So fabulous!

(And obviously, you can add more bacon/herbs/cheese to cater to your personal preference!)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I just wanted to let you know that I tried your cranberry muffins and my family and I really loved them! I blogged about them here: http://jessicathebaker.wordpress.com

Thanks again for sharing the recipe!

Jessica