Monday, September 24, 2012

Ups and Downs

Last week:

Dan's phone fell out of his pocket onto the floor while we were sitting on the couch...and with a whole living room floor that was perfectly safe, it just happened to land in the small area where he'd set his mug. That was still steaming with a fresh cup of coffee = broken phone.

My ol' computer gave up the ghost. It had definitely served a full life, but there were some pictures on  it (that I knew I should have backed up!) but was lazy and hadn't = lost photos.

While downtown Milwaukee, we had locked the vehicle but the windows were cracked  = someone broke into our vehicle and stole our GPS.


This week:
Arianna cut two teeth
and began crawling
and said 'da-da' for the first time
and got her first taste of food!



That last one was totally an accident. Dan and I were enjoying a snack Sunday evening while playing some games on the floor. All it took was for us to look away for a few seconds, and Arianna had managed to crawl over and get a face full of ranch dressing!

The adventure of life continues...
[smile]

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the difficulties of last week, but thankful for the blessings of this one!

Mikala said...

Oh my word...I loved this post :-) It's not a far cry from my life, either...

Try dropping a cell into the toilet hahaha.

I can't believe your GPS was stolen! Wow.

Megan Erbele said...

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. "
- Doctor Who

Megan Erbele said...

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
- Doctor Who

Amanda said...

Wow! Sounds like you've had quite a time of it! I hope everything is going smoother now!

Annie said...

Thanks for the update. That picture and story had me smiling... what a cutie!

Peter Pillman said...

Bethany, don't give up on the photos on your computer. Just because the computer died, you can usually take the hard drive out and get the files of manually. For example, I use this $20 adapter kit all the time to help out friends with their computer issues. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119152

Rebekah said...

Hey Bethany, I have enjoyed reading your blog for a little while now. I am Tj's sister. I have a suggestion for fixing the cell phone. I've gotten my cell phone wet a few times & know of people who have even dropped theirs in the toilet. What we have done is dried it off as much as we can removed otter boxes & battery's & covered it in rice over night or for several hours. The phones usually start working again. You may already know this or even have tried it already but if not maybe next time it may work for you.

Anonymous said...

Aww!! luv that ranch dressing part:)