Friday, August 10, 2012

hello, August!

The past few weeks my time has been filled with:

:: continuing to settle in, which includes trying to hang pictures and do a little decorating.

:: cooking up a few new recipes (tortilla chicken soup, avacado/bacon/chicken/tomato salad, yet another chocolate chip cookie recipe, and my new favorite: gnocchi!) 

:: working out and doing some jogging. (I continue to have a hate/love relationship with this whole getting in shape thing!)

:: spending time with my little girl!
I just love how her hair sticks up like a fuzzy duckling after a bath...and her slobbery baby kisses...and her sweet engaging giggle (yes, she's ticklish!)...
I love being her mommy! 

Dan is settling into his new job and we are learning our way around. At least Dan is. I rely pretty heavily on our GPS, yet. [smile]
For those of you who have asked, we are residing in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, area -- and are quite thrilled to be a little closer to family in Nebraska!

Milwaukee skyline


And now tonight: DATE NIGHT! Which will include getting our drivers license updated and running some errands. [grin]

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you have a pretty busy life! I'm so glad to hear you're settling in to your new home. What a neat view of the Milwaukee skyline! Awwww! Arianna sounds like she's as cute as ever! :)

Kate said...

If you ever get close to central WI please let me know, I'd love to meet you and your family, and let our littles play:)

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the avacado, chicken, tomato sandwich - sounds yummy!
And your daughter is so beautiful and precious - enjoy each moment. :)
You just need a carrier for her or a jogger and you can take her with you. My SIL loves Maya wraps an dif you have a sewing savvy friend they are easy to make for a little bit of nothing. (and you have a LOt of sewing friends *G*)
Heather