Monday, July 09, 2012

Wisconsin -- here we come!

It has been an amazing, faith building month.

Dan left his job in Virginia in June and we brought all our belongings to Nebraska with us, wondering what the next chapter of our lives would hold. I felt a lil' like Abraham; we packed up all the boxes and headed out -- not quite sure where we would be going! 

Our time in Nebraska has been so delightful, spending time with family is always so precious, as well as catching up with other dear friends! [My camera has been busy; once we have internet at our new place I look forward to filling you in on the past few weeks!] We have also had a very, VERY packed schedule. Once I found myself thinking: "Okay, I'm ready to head home and have some sort of routine in my life again" -- all the while picturing home as the apartment we had in Virginia! 

During the short time we've been in Nebraska, Dan flew to Wisconsin for a job interview -- and now I find myself preparing to once again load a truck today. 

Tomorrow we will be moving to our new home! 

Arianna has been such a trooper with everything going on. Before she has reached the three month mark she will have lived in 3 different states and driven through a dozen others. I still find myself looking at her sweet face and asking myself "Am I really the mommy of this adorable, precious baby?" And with  4 grandparents, 25 uncles and aunts, and 6 cousins, she has gotten more than her fair share of attention. [grin]


Happy Monday, y'all!!

19 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow I know what you mean about not knowing where you're headed - we've been full time on the road as missionary-evangelists for quite a few years and it does take some getting used to! "Dad, where are we headed next?"
"Not sure yet...let me call up Bro. so-and-so."
I know that's not quite like not knowing where you're moving but I can relate to the wanderer feeling. ;)
Arianna is adorable and I've enjoyed so much seeing pics of y'all's lives!

goatpod2 said...

Have a good and safe trip and move! What a precious baby Arianna is.

Blessings,

Amy

Emily said...

Okay... You guys are moving to WI????? Where at? (If you don't mind me asking!) I live in WI and wow! If you ever need a place to stay feel free to stop by for a visit!

banjoblazer said...

Where exactly in WI are you moving to?

banjoblazer said...

Where exactly in WI are you moving too?

Kate said...

Really? That's awesome! I highly recommend WI as I live there myself!!! What area are you heading to?
I can't remember if I commented or not to congratulate you on the birth of your lil sweetie or not, but she is darling!! Our second precious daughter was born about a month after yours! Gotta love sweet baby girls!!:)

Anonymous said...

Hope the move goes well and you will be able to get settles in your new home soon.:)

Aaron and Naomi said...

Hope everything goes well for you!

Naomi Joy said...

Wisconsin is a great place to live! :) What part of WI? Hope you adjust well and WELCOME from a Wisconsinite!! :)

Anonymous said...

Same here live in WI. WOuld love to know where :)

Lily Marie said...

Wow-sounds like bizarre times! Hope ya'll get settled soon! Arianna is just DARLING. ;)

Elizabeth O. McBride said...

I moved to WI one month ago. I'm in the northwoods. Where are you moving to?

Brianna said...

where in Wisconsin are you moving to? I live there to.

Alisha Ann said...

Hope your move is not full of stress and goes very well!

Arianna is adorable by the way :D

God bless y'all!
Alisha

Marshall Arts said...

We know who hired your dear husband (inside connections...). May your move be safe and uneventful, and most of all, may y'all bloom where y'all are planted! Nice to know you're not as far from your Nebraska family (and now Kansas!! family) as y'all used to be. That helps in the transition! God always goes before us when we trust in His ways.

Love,
The Texas Marshalls

EMD said...

So many changes in life! You never know where God will open another door. But isn't it great to know that wherever you land He will take care of you!?

Oh, Bethany, when do we get to see a picture of you holding Arianna? :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Bethany!! You are such a wonderful encouragement. I hope this next year is filled with God's blessings.
Much love,
Leah

Irene Hein said...

Where in Wisconsin are you moving to?? cause we live in Wisconsin