Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hello, real life!

Dan was up and out the door for work this morning at 7:30-- his first day at his new job!

After cleaning up breakfast, I surveyed the stacks of boxes. Literally EVERYWHERE.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed and still tired from the last few days and several short nights, I hoped decided that getting myself all ready for the day would help give me energy for the big task that was staring me in the face.

Read 1 Thessalonians 1.

Showered.

Wanted to wear something cute to help keep me moving,  only to look in the closet and be reminded that most of the clothes don't fit all that well due to my new 'motherly' figure. Oh well. The precious baby girl at my house is soooo worth it.

So moved along to figure out what to do with my hair -- and was completely unable to find a hairbrush.
Or even a comb. Which really baffled me as I had one yesterday.

Forgetting any makeup or earrings, I fed my sweet little girl and tucked her in for a nap -- and promptly snuggled in beside her for a little more rest.

Gotta' love real life. It's the stuff days are made of. [smile]

10 comments:

goatpod2 said...

Yep, gotta love real life especially after moving and with a little one!

Blessings,

Amy

Holly said...

awww.....so glad other mamas out there go through the same things I do!

rachel said...

Glad there are others out there that live a real life too!!

A Heart of Praise said...

Sounds like me,only we have a 22 month old, a 10 month old and I'm due in September with our third! :) We just moved,and I am slowly trying to unpack the many, many boxes. :) Some days I just have to stop and take a nap with the little ones, it feels so much better then being tired, and the boxes will wait.

Hope you are able to get settled in soon! :)

Annie said...

Oh, Bethany, I am so glad to hear from you! You have been much thought-of this week, and I am praising God for His mercies in bringing you to this new home. Hang in there with the boxes and the Real Life--I am right there with you and have seen God's precious grace and faithfulness. Much love to you!

The Luehmann Family said...

What a sweet post! You have such a good attitude even when things don't look so bright initially. Bethany, you are such a good example of a Christian wife and mother...keep up the great work!

Alisha Ann said...

glad all is going well...hope you find your hairbrush :D

alisha

www.alishainprogress.blogspot.com

Marjo.....B. said...

Aww...sweet post. :) I'm so glad to see you SO joyfully embracing motherhood!

Godly-young-widow said...

There's a song about that by Francesca Battistelli called This is The Stuff. Google it and be encouraged. Thanks for getting it in my head with your post.

Sharon said...

Best wishes for life in your new home, Bethany. And good luck with finding your hairbrush!

Sharon