Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Ranch pork chops

I'm loving the adventure of this thing called 'life' and am trying to savor each and every day. Not only is Arianna growing so fast, but I am really going to miss living in Virginia. The cheery daffodils filling the ditches in the spring, the bright red poppies in summer, the amazing view of the mountains, the dear friends who have become like family, our first apartment that we made home...I think you get the idea! Seasons are such amazing things, though the changing of such can be a lil' bittersweet.

In between packing, (eek! Less than 2 weeks till moving day!), feeding Arianna every 2 to 3 hours, keeping up with laundry (it is scary how quickly I am going through a bottle of stain remover with a little newborn in my house!), and yes -- trying to put food on the table for Dan and I has made for a busy schedule.  

BUT -- I still found time to try a new recipe for supper!

Which just might sound a bit impressive.

Until you read this recipe.

Then you'll see that it was actually a breeze and simply too easy. Three ingredients. Yep. Only three.




4 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry ranch dressing seasoning
10 oz can cream of chicken soup
Place pork chops, ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
Serve pork chops and gravy over mashed potatoes. (The original recipe suggested throwing roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese in the mashed potatoes. I'm completely out of Parmesan cheese and then substituted garlic powder and a few other green herbs to save time. But if you want to roast garlic for your potatoes, directions are below).
Roasted garlic: preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap bulb of garlic with skins on in tin foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from foil and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove garlic from skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely mashed. Set aside. One garlic bulb will have around 12 cloves.
And enjoy!

The seasonings were delicious; I'm thinking this recipe would also be fabulous with chicken. And next time I'm going to add mushrooms -- just because I can.  Doesn't that sound delish?

Aren't crock-pots fabulous?! For what gets better than taking 3.7 minutes to throw ingredients together so one can cuddle a baby and throw stuff in boxes all day -- and still have a delicious hot supper ready to eat?
Okay...don't answer that. Because kissing-my-man-hello-when-he-walks-in-the-door-from-work is a pretty awesome part of my day. [grin]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

When/where are you moving? The Lord's blessings to you as you move on to the next season of your life!!

Linda said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my crock pot! I also have a slow cooker that will fit 4 large smoked turkey legs in. The family loves when I make those.

I am going to try this recipe. So easy and my family loves whats in it.

Good luck getting everything packed up. I'd be too tempted to just sit and enjoy my baby. lol

Anonymous said...

You are right. What could be easier!! I am going to try the recipe. Moving?? Where to? Love to all three of you, Aunt D

A Heart of Praise said...

Looks and sounds yummy! :) I love easy recipes like this one.

Your baby girl is adorable!!! :) Seeing her pictures is making me look forward all the more to our third little ones arrival in the fall! :) They grow quickly, enjoy the sweet newborn stage! :) Children are such precious gifts from the Lord.

Kate Grant said...

Where are you moving??????

Alison said...

Now I'm even sorrier for not deciding to buy that packet of ranch mix at the grocery yesterday! Hmm...maybe I'll find a way to DIY and have this for supper anyway. :)

Alicia said...

WE made this and it was a hit. I am always looking for fun, easy, yummy meals. I didn't have the packet of ranch dressing so I just used ranch dressing itself and it was great.