Monday, May 14, 2012

Hives and Mother's Day

My blog has been quieter than I planned. I mean -- with world's cutest baby living at my house, how can I not post oodles and oodles of pictures?

But my wonderful new world of mommyhood was rudely interrupted by an onslaught of hives last week. Thankfully, they have now left me alone, but for several days even my hands were so broken out that anytime I touched cloth or went to hold my precious daughter, the blankets irritated my skin and made them so hot and itchy. Not cool, especially when all I want to do is cuddle with my lil' girl! 

If only I could have found a verse somewhere that reads: "Rejoice always -- unless you've been inflicted with an outbreak of hives right after having a baby" to justify my complaining.  But no such luck. Many thanks to my patient husband for taking care of me and enduring some long days and nights!

Two weeks old
Isn't she a doll?


and many thanks to the Fleming girls for crocheting this adorable hat for Arianna, as well as the other adorable items they sent for her!


Yesterday was Mother's Day. 
And Dan gave me the best gift! After Arianna had a rough-- I mean shorter night Saturday night, she was wide awake and ready to play early Sunday morning. The dashing man who lives at my house took her for a walk and let this mommy sleep in and get over an hour of extra sleep! And that may not sound like much, but any extra sleep is wonderful these days. [grin] Amazing daddy! Grateful mommy.

Mother's Day smiles!

Who has God placed in your life that you are thankful for today?

19 comments:

Rebekah said...

So beautiful! She gets cuter all the time!

Sarah said...

So beautiful, so adorable -- both of you!

The picture of you and Arianna is sooo sweet!

Jennifer said...

She's so precious and you look radiant!

Naomi T. said...

Love!! And I hope the hives leave soon. For some strange reason, that ailment can be the most annoying of them all. :P

Today I am thankful for my husband. He is the most generous, patient, loving man I have ever met. So happy!

Rachel said...

That is one cute baby!

goatpod2 said...

Lovely pictures. I am thankful for my family that has adopted me!

Blessings,

Amy

A Heart of Praise said...

What a little sweetie! :) Love the picture of you two together, so precious!

Annah's Blog said...

Hives! You poor thing! That must have been miserable.
Love the pictures!

~Annah~

Kate B. said...

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a mommy anywhere who'd count "over an hour of extra sleep" as "not much." That sounds wonderful! The newborn days are wonderful, but exhausting for sure. At my little girl's first check-up right after she was born, her doctor told me: "Remember, parenting is a marathon, not a sprint." GREAT advice that has served me well!
You and Arianna both look great!

Kaity Gellos said...

Adorable pictures. Babies are so, so precious. Glad you're feeling better now.

Happy Mother's Day to a radiant mommy!

Kaity

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! They both are so good!!! Arianna is the cutest little girl.:) She has a pretty mommy and sounds like she has a wonderful daddy.
Take care of your little sweetie!!

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Awww...she is so precious! I'm so happy for you. [smile] I'm so thankful that you are all doing well. And the second picture is especially precious. =)

Blessings!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

The Fleming girls say you are more than welcome, Bethany! :D We have been REALLY enjoying all the sweet pictures and blurbs about Arianna, Dan, and yourself. We are amazed how many posts you have fit into your busy schedule already!

I am so sorry to hear about the hives...any idea what caused them? I am thankful that you are getting some sleep. This season will pass and looking back it will seem so short. It truly is a marathon and not a sprint. God will give you the sanity and strength! :D

The Fleming Girls

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures..keep posting pictures and will you be sharing her birth story?

Anonymous said...

My husband ..... :)

Abi W.

Joanna said...

Are you allergic to something - is that why you had hives? I hope not - as someone who has a severe allergy, I really hope you don't have big problems, too. Thank the Lord for this laser treatment I'm going through...He is so good!

May God bless you all, Bethany! Thanks so much for continuing to blog and share what the Lord is doing in your life. It's very encouraging to me.

In His love,
Joanna
www.bloomthemagazine.com

Amber said...

You really have a beautiful daughter! What a joy it is to see you with her! I'm so happy for you!

Aaron and Naomi said...

I had hives for a few days when I was pregnant with my fist daughter and since I've never been allergic to anything, I never did figure out why...and I never met anyone else who'd heard of it in relation to pregnancy, but maybe there is some connection...

Aaron and Naomi said...

I had hives for a few days when I was pregnant with my fist daughter and since I've never been allergic to anything, I never did figure out why...and I never met anyone else who'd heard of it in relation to pregnancy, but maybe there is some connection...