Monday, April 16, 2012

super cuteness

After seeing this on pinterest, I knew I wanted to make one, too -- but with a few revisions to make it a baby quilt!


After making a few rough sketches to figure out measurements and how much fabric was needed -- it was time to do a lil' shopping!


What a fabulous mix of colors...


and of course -- what is a project without someone to give their opinion and assistance?!

It was such a blast having Anna here for over a week while Dan was in California. Not only did we have fun working on this project t.o.g.e.t.h.e.r,
(oh why, oh why do Virginia and Nebraska have to be so far apart?)
but we also spent much time in the kitchen making a few ol' favorite recipes, as well as trying some new ones! And the best part of baking so many delicious foods? Eating them, of course!! Hmm-mm-m. Taco salads. Deep-dish-chocolate-chip-lava-cookies. Greek quesadillas. Melt in your mouth molasses cookies. Mexican lasagna. German pancake. Yeah...we definitely ate well.

But back to the quilt... [smile]

such happy fabrics!


Here I am pinning seams in hopes of getting all the corners to (mostly) line up.

Some good music and conversation...
and a few hours later we were surveying our handiwork!



The [almost] finished baby quilt! Once I wash it, the flowers will rag adorably around the edges. In the meantime, it is in the process of getting quilted -- after which I'll post more pictures (that will hopefully include a sweet baby in them as well!)

16 comments:

Jerico said...

Oh my! It's adorable!!! Wish I could sew like that and so quickly too! =)
Also, you'll have to share some of those recipes... they sound delicious! Mmmmm, and taco salad sounds good, I think that will be dinner tonight =)
~Carrie~

Heather C said...

I LOVE it!!! =)

Desiree said...

So cute! You and Anna did a great job:) This give me some inspiration for an upcoming sewing project.

Sarah Stelzl said...

Bethany, it turned out WONDERFUL! Did you use a pattern or just follow the picture? I would like to know how you made the flowers - they are so cute! Maybe I will make one like this sometime =)

Rachelle said...

Hey Bethany!! I just love the color of the quilt!! I think it will be perfect fit for Baby Beasley!
In Christ,
Rachelle

Vicki said...

Such beautiful fabric colors!! Absolutely LOVE them!! The flowers just add the finishing touch the cuteness! =) Great work!!

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Oh, it is SO beautiful, Bethany! (and Anna =) The fabric choices are gorgeous...I love how they aren't the usual pink & brown, but something really unique and fun for a sweet 'lil baby girl. [smile] The flowers are one of my favorite parts...so pretty! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your precious 'lil one, Lord willing!! Praying!!

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

So sio cute! Great job, Bethany and Anna! :)

Sarah said...

Inspirational!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable I love the fabric! (and the pattern)
~Bethany J.~

His Way Services said...

I like the baby quilt, Bethany. I like the prints,and variety of bright colors you chose. They are happy colors.

Praying for you and Baby Girl Beasley.

God bless! Rebecca K.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt! We missed you at Rachel's showers. I was able to get better acquainted with Anna. What a talented friend! Looking forward to meeting that new baby soon!! Love, Aunt D

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new lil' one!

April said...

That's really pretty! :)

The Lord Jesus bless you!

April

Bethany said...

Sarah -- we just looked at the picture and went from there! So no, I don't have a pattern to share with you. We just figured out how big we wanted the quilt, cut the squares out, and then used various sizes of bowls from my kitchen to get the different sizes of circles for the flowers! :)

Calicolaine said...

Love your fabric choices as well as the color combinations. am planning to make a baby quilt and use this as an inspiration for the design for I find it very cute.