Monday, April 09, 2012

New favorite [snack/dessert/sweet treat]

Completely unhealthy in any form or fashion, Dan and I have inhaled enjoyed these bars once (or twice...or maybe more). Quick to mix up, they are easy to bake and take. Simple, but very, very more-ish. If there are only two of you to devour the bars once they've cooled, I do recommend cutting this recipe in half and baking it in an 8x8 -- unless you have more self control than I do!

(and you thought my expanding waistline was 100% baby!)

Here's the recipe:

2 1/2 cups flour (I use a mixture of wheat & white flour)
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 C vegetable oil
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 C (plus a handful) of butterscotch/chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. In medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.

In another bowl, combine the oil and sugars. Mix well. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between additions. Stir in vanilla, then add the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate & butterscotch chips. Spread mixture into a 9x13 pan.

Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a light golden brown.

Let cool completely before cutting; enjoy!

7 comments:

Annie said...

Those look absolutely DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing, Bethany. =) I can't wait to see lots of pictures once your little one is born!

Many blessings,
Annie

Susan said...

I can say that these are amazing!!! I'm planning to make them really soon. :)

Julie said...

Thanks so much for the amazing recipe! Hope to try it very soon!

Amy said...

Oh Bethany....you should not have shared this!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Just made these! They are yummy! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Linda said...

I tried these out today. They were a big hit!

Alison said...

Just thought I'd pop by this post to let you know that I just made these -- they're sooo yummy! :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!