Thursday, April 19, 2012

Countdown to a miracle

"For you formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb."
Psalms 139:13

Due date is a week from tomorrow and we are so excited about meeting this lil' blessing that the Lord has given us! 
I'm continuing to feel well and find my heart overflowing with gratitude for such a wonderful husband. The other night I told him how thankful I was for his understanding and patience with me and he replied: "And who was patient with me during the last several years during my intense school schedule?"  We take turns ministering to the needs of the other! 

Seasons of love can be such a beautiful thing, so I'm trying to take the time to enjoy and appreciate my man and what we have TODAY. Our lives are about to drastically change. They already have, somewhat, as I've been slowing down significantly the last month and just can't do everything that I'm used to being able to do.

On one hand I find myself wishing for the energy I used to have...or that my feet didn't ache so much...or that I didn't tire so easily... but instead of focusing on what I used to be able to accomplish, I choose to focus on the miracle of feeling life inside and what a precious gift I've been given! And Dan daily impresses me with his thoughtfulness and understanding as he spoils me and demonstrates his love for me in so many ways and continually encourages and prays for me. I'm incredibly blessed and humbled that I get to explore this adventure of parenting with such an amazing man of God by my side!

"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us,
 that we should be called children of God!"
1 John 1:3
And many thanks to Susan for capturing these precious moments for us. You did such a fabulous job!

28 comments:

Katy said...

I just love you guys! It's such a blessing to watch you both! =) Can't wait to meet your little girl! =)

Jordan said...

What a precious season! Although I am an unmarried stay-at-home-daughter, I have had the privilege of watching my momma's belly grow 4 times! It is always so exciting to welcome a new little life into our family. May God richly bless you! ~Jordan

Rachel said...

You two are such a beautiful couple. :) I'm so excited for you both as you get closer and closer to welcoming this precious gift into your home!

God bless!
Rachel

Miss Megan said...

Wow!! Bethany, those are awesome pictures :) You look lovely!! I can't believe you only have a week left!! I can't wait to see pictures of the baby!! Your excitement for motherhood is overflowing from you and it's totally awesome to observe!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love the second to last photo. So beautiful! :) I can't wait for the baby to arrive!!!!!

JulieAnn said...

I LOVE all the photos! What a beautiful young family:)
Looking forward to seeing/hearing news of the little one :)
Julie

goatpod2 said...

Can't to see pictures of that precious bundle of joy soon!

Blessings,

Amy

Esther said...

I can't wait!

~SALLY~ said...

You look so good! Enjoy these last few days...a whole new season of life is upon you and soon, "life" as you know it will change. But, you will be SOOO happy!! Congrats! :)

stacy said...

Congrats..I am so happy for what God is doing in your lives.Blessings.May God richly bless you both and your families.

Kate B said...

Bethany, you don't know me, but I've been reading your blog for years. This post literally brought tears to my eyes as it brought me back to the final weeks of my pregnancy almost 16 months ago. Those days seemed interminable, but are so precious and bright in my memory, as is the day that I finally laid eyes on my little girl for the first time. It's a love that defies description, and as I've come to think of you as a friend over the years, I am so excited for you to experience it for yourself.
All the energy you're now lacking will come back to you in time--much quicker than you think--and its temporary loss will truly seem to have been nothing.

Lady Bibliophile said...

Thank-you for sharing, Bethany! You look wonderful. :) I'll be praying for a safe delivery and a healthy little girl!

Blessings,
Schuyler

Karissa said...

Praying that all goes SO well for both you and the baby!!! You guys are an amazing couple!

Becca said...

Praying for you, Bethany. I can't wait to see pictures!

Blessings,
Becca

Vicki said...

Adorable pictures, Bethany! I especially like the 1st, 4th, and 6th!

Rebecca said...

You guys are so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to read about a cute little baby soon! Praying for a safe delivery!
~Amanda from Michigan

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

The photos are so precious, Bethany! =) Your little girl is going to be so blessed. =) Looking forward to "meeting" your 'lil one via blog pictures soon. =) Blessings & praying!!

With Joy in Christ,
Elizabeth

Samantha R. said...

A new season of life for you! So happy that God has blessed with you a new baby on the way :)

His Way Services said...

Praying for you. Wow! Not much longer.

One of my most favorite pictures is the one of Dan playing the guitar for you and you gazing with love at him. God's love is best!
"But the love inside my heart today is more than mine alone, it never changes; never fails, never seeks its own. And by the God who gives it and Who lives in me and you, I know the words I speak today are the words I'm going to do."

Can't wait to "meet" your precious little girl. Hope you have a peaceful delivery.

God bless! Rebecca K.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your new lil' one! Hope you're doing well!

Hannah said...

I'm so excited!!! Praying for you!
Blessings,
Ellen V

Anonymous said...

What sweet photos of you two (actually three of you!) I am eagerly anticipating the update informing us of baby's safe arrival!

Miss Hatcher said...

awww....how sweet! You two are look wonderful together ;)

Anonymous said...

The 4th and last pictures are my favorite! You two look so happy! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful, Bethany. God has truly blessed you both. :)

Ashley said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your precious baby girl! God bless you!

Kelley W. said...

Congratulations to you both with the arrival of your new little one, Arianna Mae.

Hope to see lots of pictures and would love to read a birth story.