Wednesday, March 14, 2012

White Chicken Chili

I love being able to throw ingredients in my slow cooker before walking out the door in the morning -- and then returning home to find delicious smells wafting through the house and supper ready to serve. This is the latest slow-cooker soup recipe I tried and Dan and I both really enjoyed it (and the leftovers the next day!)

What is one of your favorite crock-pot recipes?


  • 1-2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic power)
  • 2-4 cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed (use your own judgement here; if you like lots of beans, add 'em all! I only used 2 cans and we really liked the bean/soup ratio)
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth (or use homemade!)
  • 2-3 cans (4 oz) chopped green chilies (or less, if you don't like as much kick!)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2-1 Tblsn cayenne pepper
  • 1 C sour cream
  • 1/2 C whipping cream
Place all but last two ingredients in the crock pot (chicken can be frozen). Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Thirty minutes before serving, add sour cream and whipping cream and stir. Let simmer for remaining 30 minutes.

Serve with cheese and tortilla chips (and olives and salad and salsa and any other toppings you might like!)

5 comments:

Linda said...

This sounds great! I'm going to try it!

Rachelle said...

MMMM...looks delicious!! The more chile the better! :) Sounds like a fun one to try!!
In Christ,
Rachelle

Sarah Elisabeth said...

OH!! Bethany!! I've been WAITING to see this post!!!!

Thanks for being faithful and posting it!

<3

Katey said...

I love that stuff!! It's been a while since I've made it, but it's one of my faves!. . . . . I make mine on the stove, but never tried the slow cooker. I have to try this in the slow cooker. Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

Katey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.