Saturday, December 31, 2011

Look who's getting married!

Dan and I were headed to the airport at 4:30am to fly home for Christmas, when I realized I had an unread text from the night before. It was a picture message from Rachel showing off a gorgeous diamond ring .on.her.finger! Oh my! I couldn't have been more happy -- and thrilled that I'd soon see the happy couple in person! (Nice timing, Alan!)

And what works better for a photo shoot than a windy December morning? We wanted to get some pictures but with coordinating schedules, the only time that worked was not ideal according to the weather. But they braved the bitter cold and flashed smiles that warmed us all by their radiance and happiness. Love is such a beautiful, precious gift!

I love being in love.

I love seeing other couples truly, sincerely, and desperately in love with each other.

And it is wonderfully happy when my sister falls in love!



"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
HIS steadfast love endures forever!"
Psalms 118:29

Congratulations Alan and Rachel!

14 comments:

Emily said...

Amazing pictures!!!

Liz Brown said...

Yaaay! This is exciting! :) Those smiles make the pictures look warmer.

Anna B. said...

How adorable!!! Nice job, Bethany! Happy pictures...this just makes me so happy!

Talitha said...

Way too priceless! I am so happy for Rachel and Alan! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures.

Lily Marie said...

How wonderful! =) They are just adorable together. ;) The cold disappears when those smiles shine, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

beautiful couple! Can't wait to hear the story of how the Lord brought them together!

Mikala said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you, Rachel.

~Mikala~

Samantha R. said...

WOW, very exciting!! Congrats to Alan and Rachel and the entire family!

The Ahlgren Family said...

WOOHOO! We're so excited for them! Lovely pictures; though they may have been cold, their pictures look quite cozy!

Becca said...

You did a great job photographing them, Bethany! They are a beautiful couple.

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

So happy for them. =) Beautiful photography, as usual, Bethany! Blessings!!

Susan said...

Beautiful job on the pictures! They look very happy!

Hiswayserves said...

I like the last one best! I can't believe Rachel's getting married! I can't imagine your surreal excitement for your sister's marriage!

Anonymous said...

so happy for alan and rachel !!! may god bless you