Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What if

...you woke up this morning and found the only things you had left were the things you thanked God for yesterday?
~Terry Shock


Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
Psalms 107:21

I will mention the loving kindnesses of the Lord and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord has bestowed on us, and the great goodness which He has bestowed...according to His mercies, according to the multitude of His loving kindnesses.
Isaiah 63:7

11 comments:

Hannah Joy R. said...

So convicting! Thanks for posting.

Talitha said...

Wow, the quote really touched and challenged me. I'm ashamed to say, I would lose a lot, if I lost everything I hadn't thanked God for. How often we forget to be grateful for everything God has given us. We should give thanks in everything, and even then, we would never be able to thank God enough for what He has done for us and given us! Thank you for this important reminder, Bethany! I am so grateful that the Lord led me to your blog and has used you to inspire, encourage, and challenge us all.

Budding Violinist said...

WOW!! That is a truly inspiring quote. :) Thanks so much for sharing, Bethany!!

KK said...

That is so pretty! Thanks for sharing the quote. ~KK~

Rachel said...

Oh my... that quote hit me hard. Thank you SO much for the reminder, Bethany. I would lose practically everything if that came true... wow.

Lydia said...

Wow! That quote is very encouraging! Just yesterday I was at a church service and the preacher was talking about that very thing.

Lydia

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

That is so convicting!! Thank you so much for sharing. Very inspiring. May the Lord bless you!

With joy in Christ,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Very true! Also, those flowers are very pretty!

Hartley Family Blog said...

That was really good! Thanks for sharing. It hit me so hard that I decided to share it on my blog. Thanks for posting it!

Lauren

A Heart of Praise said...

Thanks for the quote, it is really something to think about!

Hannah said...

Wow! Very thought provoking!