Friday, October 21, 2011

my newest toy

My dashing law student is almost done with school (he graduates in December! I'm so proud of him! Three cheers!) which means he no longer needs the Amazon gift cards we continue to earn through swagbucks to spend on school materials.

So...

after saving up...and saving up...I finally purchased this last month:





A Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

Except that I didn't really purchase it as I got it for FREE (which is so much better!)

This is the first fixed lens I've owned and it does take a little getting used to. But I'm excited about the narrower depth of field that is now at my fingertips, as well as better quality when working with low-light situations. I've enjoyed experimenting with it in my kitchen (hopefully a sign that more of our favorite recipes will find a way on here!) and have already had the opportunity to use it in several portrait sessions this month (photos coming soon!)

Oh -- and if you have not yet joined the swagbuck bandwagon -- you really should start.

today.

Cuz' it really works. [smile]

17 comments:

goatpod2 said...

Very nice, I'll need to get back on Swagbucks again.

Blessings,

Amy

Susan said...

So happy for you! :) I love my 50mm!!

Gabrielle Ryan said...

ooooh so good! i have the 50mm 1.4 and it's fabulous! by far my favorite lens. You'll love it!! :D

Holly said...

what all do you do on swag bucks to earn your points? I use swag bucks too but it seems that I am only able to earn about 10 points a day by using their search engine. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Rachel said...

How wonderful! I love photography and am so happy for you!!!

Congratulations to Dan too! I'm sure you're both very excited!!!

God bless!
Rachel

Annah's Blog said...

Can't wait to see future posts taken with your "newest toy". Have fun with your new camera lens.

Congratulations to your dashing man. I've been thinking about you two lately and how he was doing with school.

God bless!

~Annah~

Ruthiey said...

Congrats on the new lens! That will be lots of fun! I think you've convinced me to try swagbucks! <3

Anonymous said...

Nice! Excited for you :)

In His Image Photography said...

WOW! How did you do that?
That is amazing! Did you get it off the Swagbucks website?
I want to try it now!

Brittney said...

I have the canon equivalent! I love it too. Fixed lenses are a bit harder to get used to, but the narrower depth of field is really fun, and being able to do more in lower-light situations make it a lot of fun. Happy happy! :) And of course, I purchased mine with swagbucks too. :D

Anonymous said...

Ooo fun! I love Swagbucks! I was looking at fixed lenses awhile back...I think that'd take some getting used to. I didn't know anybody that had one though so it's nice to know you like yours...I'll have to keep it in mind. :)

Morgan

Samantha R. said...

Very neat! I got the Canon version of that just two months ago and love it. It does take some getting used to though.
And swagbucks is great!!

Anonymous said...

Oh well! That's exciting! It's so much fun getting some new photography stuff. Get some great shots with your new lens!

Hannah said...

I am excited for you! I just bought the same lens a few weeks ago ('cept it was Canon's ;)) and am still getting used to it as well...and looking forward to the recipe photos, low light help, and shallow depth-of-field opportunities, too. Good for you on the Swagbucks deal.

Annie said...

Fun, fun! Everyone seems to LOVE this lens, so I should definitely check it out. =) Can't wait to see photos taken by it!
Many blessings,
Annie

Anna B. said...

YIPPEE!!!!! I'm happy for ya! And I can't wait to see the results of your new lens! <3

Kori said...

Heyy! I just got a lens very similar to this. And used Swag bucks, too! Your awesome brother gave it to me as an early birthday present! :) I'm still trying to figure it out... :)