Saturday, July 16, 2011

The BookNook

Over by the laundry corner in our house, there is another corner -- that has kind of been the 'catch-all' of our house. As days would come and go, so would 'stuff'. Different items would shift through and sit there and then be gone again as I decided where to store it, or whether to just get rid of whatever-it-was-that-didn't-have-a-place.


Ak! How uninviting and cluttered!

As time passed, I soon noticed that books were making up most of the piles sitting around in boxes. And no matter how many times I re-arranged the books already on the shelves, it still didn't create more room for those sitting on the floor.

(Cardboard boxes just didn't do the trick...)

After watching sales, we purchased two tall bookshelves --
and wa-la!

Add the books...

a few baskets

my scrapbook supplies
and a few games...


And there you have it! The finished results!

Have I mentioned that I like books? [grin]

12 comments:

Lesley said...

This is totally cute!!! And yes...books = <3 haha! :D

Jennifer said...

so pretty!

Australia said...

Looks great!! :) I love books too...a little too much sometimes. Haha...

Anna B. said...

LOVE!!! And the bottles...perfect!!

Susan said...

Your bookshelves look great!

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

So classic & lovely! I love how it turned out. =) Blessings!

In Jesus' Love,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I LOVE books too....and I seriously need to get them organized....I love how yours look now....maybe it will inspire me! ;)

Elizabeth Joy said...

They are SOO sweet-- such an inviting corner that looks like it would be a blast to spend hours in!!!! I want to come visit you!!:)
<3

Anonymous said...

Looks to nice, Bethany! What an amazing, delightful transformation!
I have a couple 'corners' that can use a make-over. You're inspiring.

Anonymous said...

What a nice improvement--it looks beautiful! (And I love those white vase/bottles!!)

Morgan

Sarah said...

How cute Bethany!

Love it!

Sarah Elisabeth

Kelley Fry said...

It looks so good!!! You did a great job