Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Our first anniversary

...was celebrated by going on a trip to the Bahamas on a cruise ship!

We had wanted to go on a cruise for our honeymoon, but timing-wise it just didn't work out. What a special blessing that Lord gave us the desire of our hearts a year later and worked out the details enabling us to go for our first anniversary! We had such a wonderful time! Nine amazing days to relax and enjoy time together, find a few new adventures, discover new foods, and delight in God's beautiful creation.

The ship departed from Baltimore, Maryland.

First stop: Key West, Florida


We saw the amazing butterflies, enjoyed the lil' touristy shops, climbed all the way up to the top of a lighthouse...and found ourselves ready for a snack!

And a cookie hit the spot...


...a half a pound of cookie, to be exact. [grin]


Our ship

We had several days at sea and enjoyed the time to talk, read, look back over the past year, and write out some goals for the coming year.

While at Paradise Island in the Bahamas, we were able to go snorkeling!
My man also took me for a thrilling jet-ski ride. What a blast! We rode the waves, caught some good air, and had only one spill.

CocoCay was another island we stopped at for the day.

While walking along the beach, we found this huge starfish! The water was so clear it was easy to see fish and other wildlife. (Though it didn't enable Dan to see the stingray buried in the sand...and he stepped on it!)

I love this man!

Palm trees, sand, a warm southern breeze...

...and a very blue ocean!



"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits...
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies..."

Psalms 103:4

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it looked liked you had a blast! I can't wait to go back to the tropics, the beaches are amazing there, as the same in the caribbean! I can tell you were blessed and it is amazing how fast your first year has gone! Many more anniversary blog posts to come I'm sure! =)

Pearl


ps. I hope this is only part 1 of the photos =)

MAZZOU said...

These are beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. Happy 1st anniversary!!! I'm so glad for you that you were able to do this amazing, beautiful trip.

Mikala said...

Hi! Great post, Bethany! I really enjoyed the pictures!!! You visited some gorgeous places!

Rachel said... said...

He stepped on a sting ray! I'm sure you had many adventures and happy times out there. It look gorgeous! Maybe for my first anniversary.... Hope there are many more pictures to come. God bless!

Sarah Benson said...

These are SO beautiful! Def looks like a VERY special time! I'll have to add that to my list of places I'd love to visit. :)
-sarahBenson

Victoria Rose said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Looks like you had a marvelous time. :) Thanks for sharing the pics.

~Vicki

goatpod2 said...

Lovely pictures!

Blessings,

Amy

Julianne said...

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary! I have to admit that I am pretty jealous about that amazing looking cookie though!

Charity U said...

Wow, how amazing! You got some really great pictures, they look right out of a travel magazine! Jet skiing sure looks fun. :) And that cookie! WOW! Happy 1st anniversary!

Esther W. said...

U R Sooooo Lucky!!!!!!!
I think I'll skip the rest of our winter and take a trip to the Bahama's. Now that would be nice.:P

Samantha R. said...

How fun; so happy that you two got to celebrate in such a fantastic way! What beautiful photos too; thanks for sharing with us :)

Desirae Clopper said...

Lovely pictures! The water looks so beautiful! Glad you had a good time! Happy Anniversary!

Annie said...

Oh, how FUN!! =) It looks like you and Dan had a wonderful time together. Thanks for sharing the photos...they are beautiful!

Kristi said...

I don't mind pools, but we've never taken a cruise because I'm afraid of being out on the ocean. I'd much rather fly to the Bahamas. LOL Looks like y'all had a wonderful time.

Happy Anniversary,
~Kristi

Lily said...

Absolutely spectacular photos, Bethany! The weather looks so wonderful and the beaches so dreamy. ;) Looks like so much fun!

And that cookie is HUGE!!!

Lily

Rachel said...

Ohhhh! How amazing!!! Beautiful pics (and couple!!!). May you be blessed with many more wonderful years with your man!

Bethany Joy said...

Thanks for sharing, Bethany! I really enjoyed all the pictures! I really like the picture of the starfish and the blue water. It looks so peaceful! Wow, that water is so clear lookin'!

Mmmm...I am sure you enjoyed that cookie, it looks really good!

Blessings!
-Bethany :)

chili pepper said...

Just popped over from Susan's blog. Love the pictures you did of her and TJ. It was funny timing for me to pop in now. My hubby and I always take a trip just the two of us in March and we have been debating for months over whether to take a cruise (something we've wanted to do since we got married) or go to the Keys. Times running out for us to make a decision. I see you all did a little of both. Do you mind me asking which you would do if you could do only one?

Kat

Anonymous said...

can't believe it has already been a year! i read your wedding post and was marveling in the goodness of the Lord to you, and now its been a year! thank you SO much for continuing the blog and sharing a part of your life with us! in Christ, sarah from south carolina

Daniel Bryson said...

All things considered, that looks like an awesome way to spend a first anniversary (aside from the stingray, of course...). I concur with Rachel on the wish for more pictures. What a beautiful place!

I am always blessed when I see how much you love each other; don't ever let that fade!

God's blessings to you both, from the temporarily-warm-but-usually-cold State of Michigan.

Esther W. said...

LUCKY!!!!!!!
I don't think I need to ask u if u had a AWESOME time!!!!!
Cool stingray!!!!!