Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Phillipians 1:12

"But I want you to know, brethren,
that the things which have happened to me
have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel."


There are two ways to look at every situation: How it will affect you, and how it will affect God's kingdom. Often when we encounter a new situation, our first thoughts are not about God's kingdom. When we face a crisis, we can become fearful for our own well-being, rather than looking to see what God intends to do through out circumstances. If we remain self-centered we will miss so much of what God could do through our experiences, both for us and for those around us.

Ask God to make you aware of how He could use your present circumstances to bless others. Perhaps someone around you needs to see the difference Christ's presence makes in your life. Are you willing for God to use your circumstances to demonstrate His saving power to those around you?

Henry Blackaby

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Bethany! Thats exactly what i needed RIGHT now!!! Thanks for sharing:-)
Christine

Alice said...

Oh Bethany, this is so true: whenever we make a decision, all too often we do tend to forget to run it by God first.
Thank you so very much for this reminder. It really helped!

Joanna said...

I have to repeat what Christine said: this is exactly what I need to hear right now! Thanks for so faithfully posting inspiring quotes, stories, and Bible verses along with photographs. Your blog continues to encourage me on my walk with Jesus.

Your sis in Christ,
Joanna
www.definitelyJoanna.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I love this picture! You are a skilled photographer. Thank you for sharing your photos and these words of encouragement. I have been "following" your blog for sometime now, though I have never commented before. I have been so blessed by your's and Dan's story, as well as your testimony for God. I also have been blessed by your family's music, and had the wonderful opportunity of meeting them a few weeks ago at one of their concerts in PA! May God bless you as you continue to serve Him!
Rebekah

becca said...

This is such a great reminder.
Thank you for posting.

Lulu said...

Thanks for sharing Bethany! :)

What a beautiful picture!

~Lulu