Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Proverbs 27:17



"As iron sharpens iron,
so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."


One of God's most precious gifts to us is friends who encourage us and lovingly challenge us. According to scripture, a friend is one who challenges you to become all that God intends.




The mark of biblical friends is that their friendship draws you closer to Christ. They 'sharpen' you and motivate you to do what is right. It is equally important to examine the kind of friend you are to others. Strive to be the kind of friend that helps others become more like Christ.



-Henry T. Blackaby

7 comments:

Charity U said...

Very thoughtful, Bethany. Thanks for posting that!

Anna B. said...

Thank you for sharing, Bethany!! It has caused me to examine my life and see what kind of influence I am to others, as well as thank God for friends (like YOU) who cause me to grow closer to God! Love you, sis!!! <3

Vickie said...

Bethany~Thanks for the reminder!
In order to have a great friend...you have to be one.
Also-I love to think of God calling me his friend!
:) Vickie

Erin said...

Thank-you Bethany. This is just what I needed to hear :) Your blog is such a blessing to me and my Mom. Have a wonderful weekend.

In Christ, Erin

The Ahlgren Family said...

Excellent! And the prefect prompting for self examination concerning what kind of friend we are, and how well we accept the admonishments of a true friend! It's so easy to get defensive when someone encourages you in a Biblical truth that you may not be following at the time and just write them off and not take their words to heart and trust that they say them because they love us! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Very nice post! I am so thankful for the Godly friends the Lord has given me. It's a blessing to know they'll encourage you to do what's right.
God Bless!
Desirae
Job 23:10

Ruth Ann said...

love this, Bethany! I am so thankful for my friends who draw me closer to the Savior - instead of engaging in petty trifles. How blessed I am to have such encouraging friends!