Monday, September 20, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We were only home for a few days, but we packed 'em full!

We had a blast taking a friend's go-cart for a lil' spin...

and sneaking in a quick kiss afterwards.

Ice cream, anyone?!

And there are huge advantages to having a brother who is a pilot...Josiah flew us to Mt. Pleasant on Sunday to surprise the rest of the Wissmann gang!

Early morning smiles!

Old Threshers from a bird's point of view.
(My family's bus is parked somewhere on the grounds...
Can anybody find it?! )


More smiles!

All gathered and ready to eat Sunday lunch!

Grabbing a quick picture with a dear friend whom I hadn't seen in wa-a-ay to long.

Praying in preparation

"The List" that keeps everyone on track.

And let the music begin!

Big smiles from Grandpa!

My lil' twin takes a turn with the camera.

And the whole family is on stage...
somewhere. [grin]

Best friends and buddies!

"O Hallelujah! My Lord is risen!!"

Brothers dueling
on their banjo's.

"God bless America, my home sweet home!"

Wow -- 10 years of memories under the family tent at Old Threshers!

My turn to play with Joanna --
is she cute, or is she cute?!?

And Old Threshers wouldn't be Old Threshers without all the tractors!

Dad always treats the family to hard served ice cream cones sometime during Old Threshers...looks like we picked a good day to be there!! [smile]


Monday we spent relaxing and hanging out with the Beasley's...

played LOTS of volleyball,

some baseball...

and even got in a good game of Settlers between the Beasley brothers.

Thank you, Lord,
for such precious times with family and friends.

"O Lord my God,
I will give thanks to You forever!"
Psalms 30:12

10 comments:

ajfcello said...

How fun! I love it when the WHOLE family gets together after we haven't seen each other for a long while. *sigh* : ) And yes, Joanna is VERY cute!! : )

Lily said...

YAY, lots and lots of pictures! It looks like you had so much fun, and thank you so much for sharing the memories with all of us!

Lulu said...

Aww, I'm glad you had fun!! What a special time for you and your family. :)

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Oh...so much fun! Go-carts, ice cream, holding Joanna, music...what a wonderful time!

Blessings, Bethany!
Joyfully in Jesus,
Elizabeth

Hols said...

looks like you had a great time!!! your family's bus is parked in the lower right hand corner of the photo at entrance #1 of Old Thresher's! I know because we walked by it when we entered Thresher's on Sat.!
What an awesome tradition for your family! :)

Annie said...

Oh, Bethany, I loved all the pictures! How special! =) Thanks so much for sharing.
Love in Christ,
~Annie~
P.S. I just signed up for Swagbucks under you. =) I'm hoping to gain some free Amazon gift cards to go toward purchasing a Canon EOS Rebel XS. We'll see. ;)

Sharon said...

Oh, love the pics! :) I love Settlers of Catan too...what a fun game! Looks like they were enjoying it too! :)

Schumachers said...

Wow bethany it looks like you had tons of fun. Hope all is going great for you. Love Mindy

Lydia said...

How fun! I love all the pictures! I Thank God for your family!

Lydia

Anonymous said...

Awww, Joanna is SOOOO cute!! Looks like you guys had a great time--how fun!!

Morgan