Monday, September 06, 2010

If you seek Him

"The Lord is with you while you are with Him.
If you seek Him, He will be found by you;
but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you."
2 Chronicles 15:2


Our response to God greatly determines His presence in our lives. The Lord wants to have fellowship with us, but He will not force a relationship upon us. We cannot reject fellowship with God and expect Him to remain near. He does not merely follow us throughout our day in case we need His assistance. It is an affront to sovereign God to treat Him like a servant who should wait upon us. God desires a close walk with us. He will make His presence real and personal if that is our desire.

Do you say you want to experience God's presence while your actions reveal otherwise? If you say you want to know God better but neglect studying His Word, are you truly seeking Him? Have you regularly forsaken the place of prayer?

We are to continually seek Him, not content to enter a new day without the assurance that God is walking beside us.

-H. T. Blackaby

18 comments:

Vicki said...

Very convicting, Bethany, just what I needed to hear. Thank you for posting this quote. :-)

Love in Christ,
Vicki

Charisms on Campus said...

awesome post!

& I hope the wedding went well :)
Blessings~
Nikki

Anonymous said...

what about pictures from the wedding!
thanks for the update!!! the saying is very meaningful!!

Linda said...

Bethany....I must say...sometimes your post just hit me where I need to be hit. Thank you so much for sharing what you are learning in your Christian walk so that I can continue to grow in mine. You are a neat Christian sister. I'm glad our paths have crossed in this lifetime. God bless you.

Clara said...

I really enjoyed reading this devotion - sometimes we feel like God's presence is not with us, but it is the opposite in reality - we are not drawing close to Him!

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Thank you kindly, Bethany, for sharing these thoughts! What an encouraging Scripture~~it is such a blessing to seek the Lord.

Blessings!
Elizabeth

P.S. Excited to see your beautiful photography from the wedding you photographed!

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurence Elizabeth said...

Good word... thanks Bethany. That was encouraging right now.

In His Love.

Jessica M said...

How deep and thought provoking...very true though! I've had to learn that the hard way but then again, it seems that's the way I learn most things.

Thanks for posting this, Bethany! It was good seeing you and Dan this weekend! =)

Fern said...

Bethany, I needed this so much. God has been speaking to me in an almost identical way. Thank you for sharing your heart with us and for us.

Hannah Shields said...

Thanks Bethany for posting this.
I may even copy and paste it onto my blog!!!
Have a great day, Hannah

Becky said...

Amen! Thanks for the encouragement!

Ruth said...

Thanks for the wonderful post! Very thought provoking! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wedding pictures soon?!!!
I'm sorry I just can't wait:):)
Great post here, thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited about...
WEDDING PICTURES!!
I can't help being inpatient!!!
Thanks for your post Bethany.
Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! It was exactly what I needed to hear!

Creativeschmidt said...

What a great reminder! I needed that, thanks! :)

mary said...

Thank you for sharing that, Bethany. It certainly is something to think about.

Blessings,
Mary