Tuesday, June 15, 2010

His own

"Trust Me, My child," He says.

"Trust Me with a fuller abandon than you ever have before. Trust Me, as minute succeeds minute, every day of your life, for as long as you live. And if you become conscious of anything hindering your relationship, do not hurt Me by turning away from Me. Draw all the closer to Me, come, run to Me. Allow Me to hide you, to protect you, even from yourself. Tell Me your deepest cares, your every trouble. Trust Me to keep My hand uopon you. I will never leave you. I will shape you, mold you, and perfect you. Do not fear, O child of My love, do not fear.
I love you."
-Amy Carmichael

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the flower. It is pretty. I really like the saying, as well.

Anonymous said...

Which of Amy's books or writings did you glean this beautiful saying from?

Vicki said...

Thank you, Bethany! What a beautiful reminder of how great, how deep, how incredible is Christ's love for His people!

Love in Christ,
Vicki

Ruth Ann said...

I LOVE this Bethany! Amy Carmichael is such an inspiration to me!

Would you mind sharing what book you got this from? I have read some of hers, and am looking forward to getting more when I can! so would love to know. :)

Rachael said...

Lovely! Just what I needed to hear right now. Thank you Bethany! :)

9Browns said...

Bethany
Thanks for the lovely picture and quote. In fact, I passed the quote to some friends who just lost a little one to a swimming pool accident.

I pray all is well out there with you and your beloved.

Joan for 9Browns

Kerry Beth said...

Thanks, Bethany for such a lovely and timely reminder of our Lord's faithfulness to His children. Amy's words are ever fresh and encouraging though penned many years ago.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Bethany!
Thank you sooo much for posting this quote!

Hannah said...

Thank you,Bethany! I'm at at time in my life where I really needed that!
~Hannah B

Kenna said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH, BETHANY! I needed that right now!
God Bless You & Dan!

Bethany said...

RuthAnn -- Oh! I wish I could remember what book contained this quote. I usually record that information in my journal, but I didn't and now I can't remember. Sorry! I'll have to browse my books and see if I can find it again! :)

Charity U said...

That is a beautful picture! And also a wonderful quote.

kittychoudhary said...

wow! really like ua blog--so true--so thotful, n beautiful photography:-
)