Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Birthday!

You are my best friend, my hero, my confidant, my love, my man.




22 things I appreciate about you, Dan --



  1. You are so understanding and patient (evidenced as you taught me how to drive manual transmission!)
  2. You are selfless -- you get up early and study so that we have more time together in the evenings
  3. You wrote a song just for me! And I love that...
  4. You pull out your guitar and serenade me occasionally while I finish making supper
  5. You are brave (you let me cut your hair when I'd never done it before!)
  6. I love your smile -- and that you use it a lot.
  7. You are committed to God's Word
  8. You are ticklish
  9. You have a sincere love and care for those around you
  10. You hold my hand
  11. You are a man of prayer and friend of God
  12. You occasionally surprise me with flowers or chocolates "because I love you!"
  13. You have such a strong name "Daniel Trust" and truly live it
  14. You pay attention to details
  15. You are honest and live your life openly before God and others
  16. You are diligent
  17. You have a great sense of humor
  18. You have a heart to serve
  19. You are physically strong
  20. You are ever striving to be more Christlike
  21. You have incredible hazel eyes
  22. Your love for me is so tender, manly, passionate, and cherishing -- and through your love I've seen a fuller, deeper, richer picture of Christ's love for His bride


I love you, Dan!


I'm looking forward to many more celebrations with you!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

O gosh...adorableness alert!

I'm so happy for you Bethany. :)

~Rachel C.

Sister~to~Seven said...

Happy 22nd Dan!!!!

Oh Bethany,
What a beautiful list of things you love about your man ... so precious! You both look so happy ... what a wonderful example you are to all of us!

Thank you for letting Christ work in your lives!
Love Sydney

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAN
We think you're special too.
Love You Lots!
Love you both BIGGER!!
G&G

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great day for a birthday, too!! I turned 18 today!! Have a great rest of the day and year!

Allison said...

Happy Birthday, Dan!

Thanks for a lovely post, Bethany! Isn't it just wonderful how much God loves His children when He gives them (you!) the perfect mate?

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Dan. May God continue to bless you and your lovely wife. With love from Uncle J and Aunt D

Sarah said...

This is a beautiful post...thank you for sharing.

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

What a beautiful post, Bethany! Love the pictures...and what you wrote! Dan is such a blessed man!! :) Happy, happy birthday to a very special young man! The older I get the younger 22 sounds! Lol! God bless your year! ;)

Lily said...

Aww...that was so sweet!!! ;) You are both adorable together--and I loved your 22 ways! If I ever get married, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if my husband made up a song about me. That is 2 cute. :D

Erin said...

What a lovely post you gave to Dan :) You both look so happy. It is wonderful to see.

Happy Birthday Dan!

Samantha R. said...

Beautiful! I love how in love you are. And how Christlike your lives are; they reflect Jesus in so many ways.
Thank you for sharing and I hope Dan had a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. That is some one who loves her man

Leah said...

Beautiful post. Happy Birthday Dan!

Annie said...

Bethany,
How special! You are both so sweet together. :) May God bless you with many more years together!
Love in Christ,
~Annie~

Anonymous said...

Would you share pictures of your honeymoon from last winter? We'd love to see them and hear about where you went, etc...

Andrea Nicole said...

VERY, VERY CUTE! Happy belated birthday, Dan! I'm so happy that you guys are so happy! God Bless

kaci said...

aw....this is beautiful...so sincere...i love it=)

Christine said...

Bethany, you are gorgeous!!! So purely and sparkingly happy. Not fair. :) Just kidding. My prince charming just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions. :) (I read this from your cousins' blog a looong time ago)

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Dan!