Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Q&A: Coupons

I always enjoy your comments and hearing from you, my readers, and apologize that I've been so lax at answering your questions! So -- in hopes to do better -- I'm going to try blogging a series of "Q&A's". I'll be covering very random topics, but I do hope ya'll will throw your two cents in as well! I welcome your thoughts and questions as I know I can learn a lot from you, too. [smile]


from Addie:
We are wondering where you get your coupons. Do you get them out of a paper or off the internet?

I get most of my coupons off the internet. The main sources are:

I also get a few from the newspaper, though that is hit and miss as I do not have a weekly subscription. For more ideas on acquiring coupons, check out Crystal's post here. Also, many food brands will release coupons on their own website for certain items. I follow several couponing blogs and between them all, most online coupons get covered! There are a lot of coupons out there for food/products I will never use. But there's also that happy moment when I discover one that enables me to get olives for 49 cents a can...or one of my favorite shampoo/conditioners for 66 cents.

For those of you who have so much more experience than I,
what is your favorite source for coupons?

4 comments:

Grace said...

Hmmmm... I really don't use coupons that much. BUT, when I do use them it's usually just the ones from Super One's flyer. You're doing such a GREAT job, Bethany! When I'm a wife someday, I hope to be as efficient as you are!

Kaity Gellos said...

Hello, Bethany~

I too have recently discovered the joy of "couponing" and seeing those large figures at the bottom of grocery store receipts under the header "YOUR TOTAL SAVINGS TODAY:"

As a side note, I have discovered that SOME grocery stores will allow double coupons... usually only up to $1. (in other words, you could use two coupons for $0.50 on one item, so it would end up being $1 off.) If you can match the store sales with TWO coupons, you can sometimes purchase items for next to nothing.

I am still learning and look forward to learning more about helping the family budget with coupons.

Thank you for your encouraging & fun posts. I enjoy your blog! Keep up the good work. :-)

Kaity

Anonymous said...

I subscribed to Jo-Ann, Hobby Lobby, and other stores and they e-mail coupons to me. It's nice to have them if I ever need fabric, crafts, ect ...
~ Kourtney

Anonymous said...

Dear Bethany, I just want to say that I LOVE your blog!! You have been such an inspiration to me. I have recently been interested in coupons and I think i want to start using them as much as I can. I guess I didin't write this note so much to talk about coupons but I was just wondering how you stay so consistent in your spiritual life? You seem so busy and get so much done yet you seem so close to God. What's your secret? Do you have you devotions at a certian time everyday or do you pray all the time? I'd love to know some of your secrects about saying close to God throughout your busy life.