Thursday, April 29, 2010

Grocery shopping

I hit some great deals at the grocery store again this week...

1 bag of sunchips - FREE
2 packets of taco seasoning - FREE
3 bagel bites snacks @ $0.33 each
3 packages of lunch meat - @ $2.23 each (normally $3.99)
2 yoplait yogurts @ $0.29 each (normally $1.19)
3 boxes of ziploc bags @ $1.26 each
1 box kashi cereal - FREE
6 boxes of cereal - FREE plus overage
bananas @ $1.06
chuck roast @ $6.37

I'm sure you all are thinking "SIX BOXES OF COLD CEREAL?! WHAT?!" [grin] Believe me, I'm thinking the same thing. We don't eat it that much, but I was being paid to take it!

Here's the scoop:
Our local grocery store had a deal of buy 6 boxes of General Mills cereal and not only would they automatically deduct $10 from your bill, but they also would give you a coupon for $9 in free dairy products! So...after coupons the cereal cost me $14.44. Minus $10 brought it down to $4.44, then with the $9 for milk/dairy items, they paid me $4.56 to take six boxes of cereal home!

The total was $76.98, but I only spent $26.95.
And after a $5 rebate for the ziploc bags and coupons good for $9 in free dairy products next time,
the total comes to $12.95!
A savings of $64.03!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Bethany!! That's amazing! These posts continue to be a blessing and inspiration as I prepare to someday be a wife!

~Hannah

The Gilmore Family said...

Wow! What eles can you say?!

Sarah

Lisa said...

Yeah... Wow!!!

Lisa said...

And I really don't like the new Sunchip bags... But at least the chips are good :)

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Wow! What wonderful savings, Bethany! You are doing such a wonderful job of using your money wisely and helping your husband at the same time! I'm sure encouraged to try to do the same when I have a family of my own, as well!

Thanks and blessings, Bethany!
Joyfully in Jesus,
Elizabeth

Jenna said...

I'm enjoying these posts as well, Bethany!

You are saving your husband so much of his hard earned money and I hope to do that in the future as well:)

Blessings to you,
Jenna

The Ahlgren Family said...

Wow! You're having way too much fun with this! :P
A word of caution... don't get bamboozled into buying a bunch of processed unhealthy food that you wouldn't normally get just because you can get it for a good price! It's not worth it.
I'm encouraged and inspired to see how you're really putting out the effort to prepare for and accomplish the great things God has called ya'll to!
Blessings in Christ!

Our Army of Six said...

Great job Bethany!!

Charity said...

Congrats!! :-)

Kelsey Anne Hoppman said...

Wow, I am amazed at the great deals you are finding Bethany. What a blessing that must be!
Keep up the excellent work. Your husband Dan is very fortunate... :)
In Christ,
Kelsey

Erin said...

Wow!!!! That's great.

Anonymous said...

You should make Chex Mix! =D

Lulu said...

I will definitely remember to do this when I'm a young wife! I agree with Kelsey-Dan is very fortunate!! And you are such a blessing to him!! (you were already!!) Wow, wow, wow.

Megan.Margaret said...

Wow, Bethany, you're fabulous!! I think I need to start using coupons!

Anna B. said...

Way to go, sis!!!!! And if you need anyone to eat your cold cereal I will fly out and fix that...and you can teach me your tricks at the same time!!! Love you bunches!!!

Abigail said...

WOW! You are good, Girl!

Esther Beasley said...

Great Job Bethany!! Love you bunches!