Monday, April 26, 2010

A few more excerpts

...A grateful woman will be a breath of fresh air in a world contaminated by bitterness and discontentment. And the person whose gratitude is a by-product of and a response to the redeeming grace of God will showcase the heart of the gospel in a way that is winsome and compelling.

...God's desire is not just to see us doing grateful things but to see us doing grateful things out of the overflow of a truly grateful heart.

...How grateful to God are you when no one else is looking?

-Nancy Leigh DeMoss


"Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You...
Let those who love your name be joyful in You."
Psalms 5:11

5 comments:

Charity said...

wow! That's very cool!

Ruth Ann said...

Bethany, thanks so much for sharing this! awhile back when you showed pictures of your bookshelf, I spotted that book on your shelf and immediately decided I needed to get it. Well, when I was able to get it, I did, and yesterday I began reading it. It is SO encouraging, so THANK YOU!!!

Love,
Ruth Ann

Stacy said...

Thanks!! I needed to hear that after the day I have been having!!

Erin said...

Were did you get the book Bethany? I would like to read it as it sounds very interesting.

Jackie said...

I am currently reading this book. It is great!!! Thanks for sharing.