Wednesday, February 17, 2010

One Single Day


Dressing up for a date. Holding hands. Roses. A love note. Chocolate. Sweet 'everythings' whispered in my ear. (Why do people call them sweet nothings? They totally melt my heart and make my day!!!)

Valentine's Day was incredibly wonderful for me this year. My man spoiled me! [smile]
You all know that the past year has been an amazing one in my life, and I've enjoyed sharing tidbits with you all and am thankful to have so many rejoice with me. There aren't words to describe the joy of being Dan's wife! God truly does things exceedingly and abundantly above what we can imagine!

Around the time Dan and I began our relationship, a friend sent me an article that was such a blessing to me during the following days, weeks, and months of beginning a relationship. Knowing from your comments that many of you, my readers, are still single, I thought I'd share a few excerpts with you during this Valentine season. Remember -- true love only comes from truly knowing Christ!!

"In HIM our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in HIS holy name!"
Psalms 33:21




...The area of romance is not outside the realm of discipleship: God will use it to test me and refine me and bring me joy, just as He does with every other facet of my life.

...Waiting won't stop when I enter a relationship. At each stage of friendship, courtship, and marriage, the future is still God's business. Mine is to habitually counter my imagination with the truth: Who this person really belongs to, what our true relationship is — today — and what true love will do for him as a result.

...regardless of its romantic potential, each relationship is an excuse for prayer.

...I can glorify God by seeking His Kingdom FIRST, and marriage second.

...When Mary anointed Jesus' feet with pure spikenard, she gave something costly, something precious to her, something irreplaceable. It was others who said "Why this waste?" To the one who gave and the One who received, it was pure joy. He never wastes what is precious to us! Not one single day.



...read the full article here...

13 comments:

Hannah said...

Lovely post Bethany!

Kelsey Anne Hoppman said...

I loved reading this post Bethany! You must feel incredibly blessed. :) What an awsome God we serve!
God Bless,
Your sister in Christ,
Kelsey

Kenna said...

Loved reading the post!

Glad that you're Valentines Day was great!

Kimberly Ruth said...

Awwwww!!! That is sooo cute!!! And they also taste really good!!!;):):):)
Glad that your husband really loves you and I'm sure you rather enjoy all the spoiling that he gives you!!!:):)

Bethany said...

That was so helpful, thanks Bethany. I have been thinking over that subject recently, I was just a minute ago, and those quotes really drove it home.

elisabe7h said...

Bethany! I make regular stops at your blog, because it's so refreshing, and it made my day to see you quoting my article here.

Rejoicing with you!

Linda N. said...

Thanks for sharing! The timing was...perfect.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your Blog and I am really blessed by it.

Annie said...

Hi Bethany,
Thank you so much for posting your thoughts! It really encouraged me. I'm so happy for you and Dan!
Love in Christ,
~Annie~

RuthE said...

Thanks for posting this Bethany! Although you've talked about this article, I have never read it. Alot of great thoughts and a challenging perspective! Love ya, girl!

Anonymous said...

You're going to make me cry, Bethany! Great post! That sounds like an amazing article!

~An Indiana Aquaintance :D

elisabe7h said...

Hi Bethany: I only just saw your comment, and YES, I was honored to be quoted here. Not to worry at all!

elizabeth said...

I believe they are called 'sweet nothings' because nothing compares to how sweet they are!! :)