Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Our wedding

A month ago today was our wedding day.

December 19, 2009

How does one describe the emotions of their wedding morning? To wake up and realize: "Today is THE DAY!" A day long-dreamed about as a brown-eyed girl in pigtails... [smile]

And now it is all a beautiful memory! There are so many precious moments I will never forget...


Having my quiet time in God's Word before the hustle and bustle of the day began...


Spending a few hours getting ready...curling irons, hairspray, make up, bobby pins galore...all the while giggling with my sisters and friends!


Enjoying being excited...
and seeing the excitement in others beaming faces, too!




All those little details that made the day wonderful!

My shoes fit so comfortably and my feet didn't seem to notice or think to complain with all I put them through!


Fun pictures!


Being surrounded by the best family and friends in the world!

...being Dan's bride.


Seeing joy on so many faces!


Pondering the awe-inspiring marriage covenant.

Smiling for the camera!



Savoring the details of the day -- and feeling so overwhelmed and grateful for all the friends who pitched in, helping so many ways. They truly added to the beauty of our day.


Gorgeous harp music...

Praying before the ceremony.


Walking down the aisle with my Daddy.

When Daddy first saw me, he thought I was gorgeous --
"Just as beautiful as your mother was on our wedding day."
My parents are more in love than ever and I've been so blessed by their incredible relationship with each other!




Exchanging our vows
which we had written a few months earlier...



In the presence of God, our family and friends,
I, Daniel Trust, take you,
Bethany Lynne, to be my wife;
to cherish, protect, and provide for you
from this day forward.
I will seek God’s face
and lead you as He directs,
purposing to glorify Him with our lives.
Bethany, I will love you with all of my heart.
Gladly forsaking all others,
I vow to be faithful to you
as long as we both shall live.

As a sign and token of this covenant,
I give you this ring.



In the presence of God, our family and friends,
I, Bethany Lynne, take you,
Daniel Trust, to be my husband;
to cherish, support, and respect you
from this day forward.
I will follow, honor, and submit to you as unto the Lord,
purposing to glorify Him with our lives.
Daniel, I will love you with all of my heart.
Gladly forsaking all others,
I vow to be faithful to you
as long as we both shall live.

As a sign and token of this covenant,
I give you this ring.




Our wedding passage:
"Two are better than one...for if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up...a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12





Pronounced:
husband and wife!!



My hero swept me off my feet...

Loving hearing my new name:
Mrs. Dan Beasley!


My man makes me feel so cherished and loved...
with each passing day I find myself falling more and more in love with him!



There were definitely some lighter moments, too...
The jeep was decorated with 'bride' and 'groom' written on the windows, and you can't see it very well, but the driver's window said 'single!' [grin]


MARRIED!!



The cake

...and the cutting of it.

Toasts!

Thrilled not to need them anymore, Dan threw Rama noodles for all the bachelors to try and catch!

Driving away...to live happily ever after!


Let us give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love
and His wonderful deeds for men.
Psalms 107:8

46 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Bethany!

Such wonderful memories! Such an incredibly happy and blessed day!!

I love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

Leah said...

Hi Bethany,

I've been following your blog for some time now and keep meaning to comment, but am just now getting around to it. :)

It has been such a blessing watching and following your story as you have been committed to letting God write the story of your life! The pictures are beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Leah

Kenna said...

Love the pictures. So many memories for you to keep looking bak on.
Has it already been that long!???
God bless you Mrs. Dan Beasley! :)

Jessica said...

The wedding of your dreams. It looks so beautiful and perfect that it should be in a book. Once again, congratulations.

(P.S. When I get married my colors are going to be red and silver! :)

MoonShaw said...

It made me cry. I am so happy for you Bethany... I'm glad God finally gave you your dream. =)

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

Happy, happy day! So fun to read your post! Happy 1 month anniversary...celebrate each day! :) We love you lots!!

Lisa said...

Lovely pictures!

Thanks for posting them, Mrs. Dan Beasley!

God bless...

Lesley said...

Yay! More wedding pictures! What a special day!

Ruth Ann said...

Bethany, I love how you told your story! It's so beautiful. =) I'm happy for you!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely post, Bethany, and such beautiful photography! May the Lord bless you abundantly as you celebrate your one month anniversary!

Blessings!
Elizabeth

Nicole 妮可 said...

woohoo!!!

you go girl! :)

we really need to talk sometime!!

Sharmane said...

Bethany,

Such beautiful pictures. It is so encouraging to read your blog. May God bless your marriage!!

~Sharmane

your lil' sis Elizabeth said...

Bethany, I love this post! Such wonderful memories, it was such an amazing day =)

LOVE YOU bunches Bethany --and looking forward to heading your way soon!!!-- <3 <3

elizabeyta said...

This is a lovely post!

Blessings,

elizabeyta

Under Southern Skies said...

Such beautiful pictures, Bethany! You both look so happy, it looks like it was a gorgeous wedding!

Anonymous said...

You did such a wonderful job summerizing such an exciting and full day, Bethany! I am so happy for the both of you! :D May your marriage be one of great blessing and deep love for the Author of your stories, as well as for each other. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post all of the beautiful pictures and comments!

Blessings,
Dianna

PS I will miss getting to hear your sweet voice singing with your family when they do their Cleveland, TN singing!

goatpod2 said...

Enjoyed the pictures!

God bless you and Dan,
Amy

Somebody Special said...

Love the pictures and the sandals, Bethany. The "Secret" agency driver is a wonderful idea!!! Love the picture Matthias!!! And Congrats on the Anniversary.

AJ said...

Beautiful!! I love reading your blog! :)

Sisters of Grace said...

Great post. Your pictures are all so beautiful!


Blessings,
Emily~

~Desiree~ said...

That is a beautiful hair style! If can sometime can you blog on how you do it.

Abigail said...

Everything was so BEAUTUFUL! Anyone can see that God has His hand on your special day! God bless you both!

Cheyne said...

Just beautiful. How blessed you are!

The Marshall Artists said...

Love the pictures, Bethany!
Matthias was the perfect 'secret service' driver :)

Allison

Kelsey Anne Hoppman said...

I love your dress Bethany! Beautiful and modest. :)
Congradulations Mrs. Beasly!
What's life like now that your married? Was the transition difficult or was it pretty easy for you?
God Bless you and your future with Dan.
Resting in Him,
Kelsey

9Browns said...

What a beautiful day it was!

Congratulations; have fun making a home with Hubby!

9Browns

Sue said...

What lovely photos! And what a lovely couple! It's so wonderful to see young people committing their lives one to another and to our Lord and Savior!
May God bless your lives together!

Sarah said...

I love LOVE your dress, and hair and shoes!!

Lulu said...

Awww...what beautiful pictures! You got a good girl, Dan!

Anonymous said...

when is your *dashing man* going to post? Oh well. What a beautiful post and so many pictures! you are simply sparkling and gorgeous.

Becca said...

The pictures are beautiful. I can't beleive that is has been a month already!
God Bless

Anonymous said...

The first month has flown by for us, I can't imagine how fast it has gone for the two of you!

Your wedding was beautiful and the two of you are an even more beautuful couple together!

Continue walking in the light as He is in the light.

God bless you both as you begin this new and exciting journey!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

Sister in prayer said...

your pictures are so nice, and th wedding was gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Love the pictures! You look so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Absolutely Beautiful! Lovely pictures and lovely bride!

Sounds like a very singular event:)
Like something you won't forget for a long, looooooong time!

Your testimony is such an inspiration and encouragment! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

~An Indiana Aquaintance :)

Noelle said...

Beautiful, precious, striking, gorgeous pictures! :) Love your wedding colors!
I'm so happy for you guys! And it doesn't seem possible that it's been over a month since "the day" :)

Love ya Bethany!

~Noelle

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Your photos are perfect! What a wonderful day for you all. Your smiles sparkle!

Tessa Silvas said...

Beautiful--JUST BEAUTIFUL!

Somebody Special said...

Thats amazing and all, but it has been 18 days since you last updated!!!

Anonymous said...

The harp-player looks familiar to me....would you mind telling me who it is?

Christy said...

What a beautiful wedding. I don't even know you but enjoyed seeing the pics. I think we probably have a mutual friend as I found your blog on a list of some friend (but now I can't remember who!) Anyway, congratulations on your new life. I love the colors and seeing your evident love for God in your blog heading.

Samantha R. said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been reading about your courtship and your family on and off for a few years over at http://wissmanns.blogspot.com/ and now it's fun to see that you're writing more too!

Your wedding was beautiful and I can tell a lot of fun memories were made too.

My sis and I are bridesmaids in our friend's wedding in March and we are getting very excited for them!

Jessica said...

Bethany, your dress is beautiful. I love that style so much. That is what I want to get married in... one day in the far future!!! :)

In Christ, Jessica P.

Marjo.....B. said...

I LOVE the colours!