Saturday, August 01, 2009

Jeremiah 15:16

Your words were found, and I ate them,
And Your Word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart.

Every time we prepare to worship the Lord, we ought to do so with anticipation that Almighty God may have something to say to us. Whenever we open our Bibles, we should expect that God has something to tell us in our time with Him. We ought to be far more concerned with what God will say to us during our prayer times than with what we intend to tell Him...
It is overwhelming to consider that holy, almighty God would speak directly to us!
-Henry T. Blackaby

7 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

it is indeed overwhelming, but it is also an extremely beautiful thought. =) Thank you so much for sharing, dear Bethany!

Lulu said...

How true.

Sarah said...

you always share such wonderful encouraging truth, thank you! Do you keep a book of all your favorite quotes or do you have a devotional book you get you quotes from?

Blessings,
Sarah

Bethany said...

Sarah --
The quotes are usually from books I'm reading or have read...though I do keep a book of my favorite quotes as well! :) Blessings to you!

Jessica Miszuk said...

I have been reading a book by Richard Blackaby recently called "Unlimiting God". I'm pretty sure Richard is Henry Blackaby's son. Really good book! Love the quote! It's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quote!

P.S.
Shouldn't it be "ought" instead of "out" in the sentence,

"We out to be far more concerned with what God will say to us ..."

Kenna said...

Thanks Bethany! I needed that quote!
Beautiful picture!