Sunday, July 12, 2009

The beginning

...of happily ever after!




DAN: By way of introduction, I am Dan Beasley, Bethany Wissmann’s fiancé (with one “e”). I am currently living in Purcellville, VA (about 40 miles west of DC) working as a legal assistant for the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA), and attending Oak Brook College of Law.


You want the story? I looked into her pretty brown eyes, fell in love and asked her to marry me.

Okay, well that’s not quite how it happened. I was first attracted to Bethany when we both served at the NCHEA 2006 kids’ conference “Enemy Encounter.” After the last day of the conference my brothers, sister and I spent the night at their house. Believe it or not, I chose to ride back to their house in the bus rather than with Andrew in his car (the first sign of love…lol).

"Enemy Encounter" staff - NCHEA 2006


DAN: After returning home I talked with God about her out in our pasture. It was very clear to me that I was not in a position to start a relationship. So, I put her on the unwritten “list” of potential Mrs. Dan Beasley’s and went about living life, knowing it was in God’s hands. I usually attempted to view girls as a group because when I started singling them out it was more difficult to keep myself mentally pure.

I made a point to interact with her when I saw her at different activities we were involved in. As I got to know her better I realized that she DEFINITELY had potential. It’s pretty obvious, when you look at Bethany’s life, that she is sold out for God and wants to please Him in all that she does. I noted her incredible personality, sweet joyful spirit, and pretty brown eyes. Another thing I really liked about Bethany was her purity, which sprung from her genuine desire to please God. She was very friendly and outgoing, but guarded her heart. I have a deep respect for girls who don’t throw their hearts around.

So life went on. I prayed and thought about her from time to time, but made no serious moves. When I moved to Virginia in July of 2008 the thought crossed my mind that I should talk with some girl’s dad just to put my name in. I didn’t want to leave and let the best girl slip through the cracks without even being there to put up a fight. But I didn’t know which girl’s dad to talk to, and I felt God wanted me to wait. So I waited. I had a lot in front of me. I started my new job as a legal assistant and then one week later had my first set of law school finals. In October I took the First Year Law Students Exam in California. God was sooo faithful!

Around Christmas I began to think seriously about marriage. When? Who? Etc. In January, while I was out running and praying one Saturday morning God impressed Bethany on my heart like never before. It was so clear. I started praying about it. I didn't want to rely on a feeling. I began to search the scriptures asking to find out what the Bible had to say about marriage, specifically, in the area of timing?
Genesis 2:18 says, “The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” Proverbs 18:22 says, He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.” But when? Should I wait until I’m finished with school? I could see benefits to both paths. I continued to pray, search God’s word and talk with my parents and others. I was lonely, living on my own, and I felt like I needed a companion. But I wanted God’s way. His timing is ALWAYS best!

God didn’t send me an email, write in the sky or send me a random text message. But His voice eventually became convincingly clear. He spoke through the Holy Spirit, His word, my parents and others I sought advice from.


BETHANY:
Where do I begin? This whole season of life is one I’ve talked to God so much about…praying…waiting…wondering…and then: He directs and it is so beautiful that I stand in awe of how He works!

As mentioned, Dan and I have known each other for a number of years, attending the same church and helping with various children’s ministries. Though I appreciated him as a brother in the Lord, I was very oblivious that Dan was even slightly interested in me at all – and actually, it wasn’t until Dan came back for Christmas just last year that I started noticing that he had a lot qualities that I’d prayed for in a husband. Yet I had no idea what God had planned, so in purity, I kept my heart stayed on the Lord -- trusting that if this was something God ordained, He would work it out in His time.

I wanted God’s BEST, whether that meant remaining single or marriage at some point. As I grew up and watched my parents’ sweet relationship and specifically my Mom; I knew I wanted to be just like her. Over the last several years, it was a hard place to come to -- surrendering so many dreams and hopes -- thinking I’d totally given it up only to struggle with waiting and wondering if God had marriage for me!

On February 28, my sister Ruth and I were having a heart to heart chat and I shared with her that I was feeling like God had something more for me. I wasn’t discontent – I love traveling and ministering with my family – yet I was feeling like God wanted something more of me, and I wasn’t sure what it was! Ruth shared advice that I’ve pondered again and again: that God often prepares us for something new before calling us to it, and yet we must remain faithful where He has us TODAY.

DAN: I called Mr. Wissmann on March 6, 2009 to ask him about starting a relationship with his daughter. I had 3 points to make during my phone call. 1) To put him on notice of my intentions, 2) To see if I even had a chance of someday marrying one of his daughters (I wanted to put my name in the hat if nothing else), and 3) To let him know that I would never start a relationship or marry his daughter without his full blessing and permission.

I was a bit nervous, but the call went well. I pretty much just laid it all on the table without giving him much time to talk, just to make sure I communicated my three points. I did make a few pauses to breath and give him a chance to interrupt if he wanted to, but he didn’t. He said that he didn’t know me that well, but what he did know of me he like and respected. He wanted to talk with Gloria and pray about and then get back with me.

Monday night March 8, 2009, he called back and let me know that I had the green light from him and Gloria. But he also mentioned that he wanted to talk with Bethany before he officially turned me loose. It just so happened that He and Bethany were taking a trip that weekend (God’s timing is so perfect). He said that he would mention the idea sometime on the trip and then get back with me.

BETHANY: Dad and I flew to Branson to do some photography for a friend. I always enjoy time with Dad and that morning during my devotions I'd written in my journal that I was looking forward to having time to talk with him. Did he have any insight and guidance as to further direction for my life? Little did I know… [grin]

Thursday evening, March 12, the photo shoot was over and we were getting ready for bed when Dad turned to me and began: “Bethany, there is something I need to tell you…” As soon as Daddy started talking, I could tell what was coming -- a young man had asked to get to know me.

Dan Beasley had talked to my Dad! Dad and I had precious prayer time together before going to bed…yet I didn’t sleep much that night at all. We arrived home the next day and I felt at peace with the answer the Lord had given me, but took some time to seek the Lord’s face to confirm that this was indeed God’s will. By Friday night I told Dad that he could call Dan – for my answer was yes!

DAN: I was in Salt Lake City, UT representing HSLDA at a home school convention that weekend. He called Saturday morning, March 14, 2009, while I was working at the conference. I saw him calling on my phone but couldn’t answer. Talk about anxious anticipation. Later that afternoon I slipped away from the table on a bathroom break and checked my voicemail. But he didn’t really tip me off either way. He said, “I was just calling about what we had discussed…please give me a call back.”

The rest of the afternoon and evening couldn’t go by fast enough. That night when I got back to the hotel I called him and got the news – green lights all around!!! WOW! I cannot explain how excited I was. The hotel room couldn’t really contain me, and I didn’t want to break the bed, so I went for a walk. As I was rejoicing and praising God. Proverbs 3:5-6 came to mind. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” This is true! God is faithful! After taking a quick poll between my mom and sisters whether to call her or wait and ask her out in person, I called her for the first time that night. What a memorable experience!

BETHANY: Throughout the day Saturday, I prayed that Dan would initiate praying together during our first phone conversation. Just imagine how thrilled I was when not even 10 minutes into our conversation that evening, Dan asked “Should we pray and commit our relationship to the Lord, Bethany?”

DAN: We went on our first date on March 26, 2009, to Vincenzo’s Italian restaurant in Lincoln, NE, and officially started our relationship.


BETHANY:
Talk about a special and amazing first date. It began with a walk in Lincoln’s downtown hay market, where Dan stopped and personally asked me if I’d enter a courting relationship him?

[There are MANY definitions of what courtship is; to us – it meant getting to know each other with the intent to get married but having the ultimate goal of discerning God's will.]

You all know what my answer was to his question, and after walking, talking, and praying, Dan led me to Vincenzo’s Italian Restaurant where my amazing man had reserved a corner booth and had a dozen gorgeous red roses waiting along with a box of gourmet truffles. What a joy it was to share with each other how God had worked in our hearts in the past months, preparing us for this new season and each other.

Then it was back to communicating via-phone, with 1200 miles between us…
Continuing to get to know each other with Christ as the center of our relationship was such a precious thing! Memorizing scripture, praying on the phone each night, sharing what the Lord taught us in our quiet times with Him…how beautiful!

DAN: As I got to know Bethany I continued to pray and ask God whether she was the one He created to be my wife. I remember one time asking Him to show me His will when He seemed to respond, “what more could I possibly do to show that this is My will.”

I prayed earnestly. I pleaded with God to reveal His will to me. And though at times He seemed to be silent, the scriptures ring true once again. Jeremiah 33:3 says, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable thing you do not know. James 1:5-6 says, “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.”

BETHANY: Before beginning our relationship, I had seen Dan’s incredible heart for the Lord, but in getting to know him, I realized I hadn’t known the half! Dan has an amazing heart for prayer and is continually growing in his relationship with our Heavenly Father. Christ is the most important thing in his life, and he actively looks for ways to reach out and influence the world around him for Christ’s sake. Whenever we’d discuss something, Dan reminded me so much of my Dad…a topic would be brought up and time after time the first thing Dan would say is: “Open the Bible up to _________ and God says ________ about this.”

His genuineness, his humility, his boldness in taking a stand when the world cries out for compromise and a lowering of standards, his sincere love for people, his sense of humor, his attention to details, his leadership abilities, his personality and laughter, his love for life, his diligence in putting in long hours with work and school, not getting much sleep yet pursuing God’s purpose for his life whole heartedly, his gentle love for children…the list could definitely go on. I mean – I haven’t mentioned yet what I think about his looks!! Talk about a tall, dashing, strong, handsome man – with the most incredible hazel eyes. Oh – and did I mention that he plays guitar and finds the sweetest love songs to sing to me?!

The more we got to know each other and continued seeking the Lord's will concerning each other, the more I realized that this was the man for whom I’d prayed for so many years. And God answered those prayers beyond anything I could ever have dreamed when He brought Dan into my life! Here was a man whom I could love, honor, obey, follow, and serve God together with – for the rest of my life.


Dan came home for 10 days over his birthday and the 4th of July…It’d been a month since I’d seen him and I was counting the days -- and then the hours (much to my family’s amusement!)

DAN: On June 29, 2009, out in our pasture where I first talked to God about Bethany – in the moonlight, with fireflies buzzing around – I got down on one knee and asked Bethany Lynne Wissmann to marry me. Never have I felt such joy and excitement. It is so awesome to be engaged and know that I am right in the middle of God’s will.

God is totally worth waiting for. His timing is perfect. And there is no feeling this world can offer that compares with the satisfaction of being in God’s will.

Engaged!


THE RING

And we both appreciate prayers as we plan for a
December 19
wedding.
May God be glorified!

"The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy."
Palms 126:3

73 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Bethany and Dan. What a wonderful love story you have to pass on to your children. It took a few kleenex to get through the whole story. lol It is so refreshing to see a young couple who waits on the Lord and are obviously very much in love with each other and Him. Prayers for you during this exciting time and that December 19th will be a beautiful day (free of snowstorms).

Blessings,
Linda G from ND

Amy said...

I enjoyed reading this, may God continue to bless you in a mighty way and prayers for your upcoming wedding!

Katelin said...

Bethany,
I'm so, so, SO excited for you and Dan!!! :) It's awesome to watch God provide the man beyond our dreams, isn't it?!? Thanks for sharing all the good details of your story! I'm cheering for you! So many people have told me, "Treasure this season and build enjoyable memories to look back on!" I'll pass that advice along to you, but I hear that life after marriage only gets better!! I hope that one of these days we might get to meet in person!

Blessings,
The future Mrs. Nathan Day :)

Kori said...

hmm bummer I missed out on NCHEA that year! I would have loved to take Dan's spot in the car with Andrew!! :D LOL!
I really enjoyed reading this! Although I'd heard some of it already, it was fun to read the little details and the little ways that God worked in both of your hearts! Ya'll are truly inspiring... :) Praying for you as you plan for the big day!! :)
Love you!! <3

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh! I loved hearing your story!!! Thanks for sharing you two!!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

-Crystal

Sue said...

What a blessing to read this wonderful story as you two begin your lives together. God is so good and is so worth waiting for. Oh, that more men and women would seek the Lord's direction for their lives!

Thank you so much for sharing. I was touched beyond measure:)

Lisa said...

Aw! That is one of the sweetest love stories I've ever read!!! Thank you soo much for taking the time to write about it! And the pictures are adorable!
God bless you!

Paulina said...

I am so excited for you Bethany! God is great!

What a beautiful story, I really enjoyed reading it and will keep both you and Dan in my prayers!

Sisters of Grace said...

Bethany, I'am so exited for you!!

Thanks so much for sharing your story.

Emily

MoonShaw said...

Yours is such a beautiful love story! I'm so glad for both of you... and of course I'll pray. May God bless you as you continue to live your lives for Him! :D I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Kate said...

What a beautiful story!

Enjoy these months of engagement and have fun planning!

God bless you both!

gracefuldesigns said...

Wow! I am almost brought to tears in seeing just how beautiful a God written Love story can be! How blessed you two are and I pray and will continue to be praying for you as you seek Gods will through your life together!
I am so excited for you Bethany!!! For the few times I have been around you I have been so encouraged, blessed and inspired by your love for your Savior, others and your radiant spirit in kindness and selflessness.

May God's blessings be poured out upon you both as you step forward in this next chapter in your lives!

Much love and prayers,

Grace Sauve

Caleb said...

I enjoyed reading through your stories. Very well written with good facts not just a bunch of mushy mushy. You two definitely have a heart for the LORD (and each other). I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, Bethany.

Kenna said...

Congrats again! and thank you for the story. Such a wonderful story.
Thanks again!

Hannah T. said...

Thank you so much for the story Dan & Bethany!

Beautiful pictures too! Who took them?

Shutterfli said...

What a beautiful story... congratulations, you two!!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your story Bethany!! Isn't it exciting!!
Happy Birthday to you too!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!
I noticed Dan's birthday is the same day that Kevin's brother Rodneys was. Rodney passed away on his 25th birthday this year.
Blessings to you both!!!!!
Kimberly Sorrell

My Bright Corner said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

What a blessing this post was to me to keep on diligently and patiently waiting for God's best in my life!

the W. family said...

Hello Bethany,
You don't know me, but I have been enjoying your blog for probably about a year now. Your love for the Lord, and your joyfulness in serving your family comes out in your blog! I am thankful for such a refreshing blog to visit. Thank you for posting your love story! I enjoyed it! It was good and encouraging to read. God's timing in ALWAYS best! Thank you for your Godly example.
May the Lord richly bless you and Dan! I am so happy for you both!

Love,
Amy W. from MN

Ben said...

WONDERFUL!

I got the heads up from Dan last night so I just had to stop by today and check out your post. It's fun getting to hear both sides of the story now :)

9Browns said...

Congratulations, Bethany and Dan!!

from the Browns

Anonymous said...

O Bethany, I couldn't stop smiling the whole time I was reading this! How absolutely EXCITING! I'm SO happy for you!
My prayers will be with you both on December 19th!

-Rachel in OH

P.S. This is totally irrelevant, but I loved the pictures too. :-)

Andrea Herrlinger said...

It was a such a blessing to hear of the multitudes of ways God has led you clearly! Thank you so much for taking the time to share! It was an immense blessing!!

simplysanctified said...

What a beautiful story! So happy and praising the Lord for His goodness in bringing you both together and confirming His will to each of you! May your days be full of joy as you plan for a lifetime together serving the Lord and doing great and mighty things for Him as husband and wife!
Congratulations again!

The Editor said...

O Yay!!! THE story!!!

How beautiful it is when God writes our love story all by Himself while we watch and listen!!

Many, many blessings on you two in the days, months, and years ahead!

Love in Christ,
Allison

P.S. It's just a 'little' thing...but I'd really enjoy meeting your man someday, Bethany! :)

Daniel said...

Amen, hallelujah, praise the Lord! Congratulations to both of you ~ may God continue to shower his blessings upon you (continuing the present cloudburst.) Thanks for sharing your wonderful story; it's awesome to see the hand of God at work in other young people's lives. Also, God bless both of you for not compromising; stories like yours are an inspiration.

Prov. 18:22

Daniel Bryson

Stephanie Joy said...

Congratulations, Bethany! Thank you so much for sharing! I stumbled across your blog on accident a few weeks ago and promptly read every post labeled "Dan." Reading about your sweet love story has been so encouraging for me, and I'm more anxious than ever to save my self completely for the man God will send in His time. You're both in my prayers. =)

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations, Bethany!
This story was such an encouragement and a blessing! What a story--Praise the Lord!
Blessings as you prepare for December 19th, Bethany!

Joyfully in Jesus, Elizabeth

Hannah said...

Thank you SO much for sharing your story Dan & Bethany!

I know I've already commented but I wanted you to know again how much I enjoyed reading it. So encouraging!

God bless you! I will be praying.

Hannah

Kaity Gellos said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Kaity

Anonymous said...

Great post! Love the stories. You guys seem to be a match made in Heaven. God is good!

Tabby said...

Thank you so much for sharing! It's so encouraging to see how God is working in your lives! God bless you!

Cora Beth said...

Congratulations on your great joy!!!

Lesley said...

What a story! Thanks so much for sharing!:)

Congratulations again to you both! I'm sure the LORD has great plans for you as you serve Him together!

Ashley Sebo said...

Dan, we have never met, but the first time I met your Bethany, i wondered, "Why isn't this lovely and wholesome young lady married yet?"

That was about 2 years ago, but I'm so glad she waited! I'm so glad you got her! Enjoy the treasure you have!

The Lord bless you!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing and I pray the Lord continues to abundantly bless the both of you as you prepare for a new chapter in your lives. God is good!

Maria Pauline said...

Congratulations! May God truly use the two of you in a powerful way. Thanks especially for sharing your story... it is so encouraging to know that God truly does arrange marriages.

-Maria

Hannah W. said...

Your commitment to God and to purity throughout your life which led to this beautiful love story is very challenging for me! Praise God for His work in your lives!! May God richly bless you two!

BTW. I was noticing all the cute denim skirts and the white skirt that you are wearing in the pics, Bethany. Where do you get them? I love 'em! And they're hard to find these days too!

Ruth said...

Thanks so much Bethany for posting the story and all the pictures!! It was so BEAUTIFUL!! I always love it when people write it from both perspectives!! Bethany, I was so amazed and inspired by how pure and focused on the Lord you were!!! I especially remember when you talked about the Christmas you first really noticed Dan other than a friend how you didn't let yourself go further but just gave it over to the Lord and kept your focus on HIM!!!! And I also thought it was so cool how the same place Dan first talked to God about you, he asked you to marry him!! Again, beautiful love story and I pray that the Lord will continue to bless you both!! Happy wedding planning!!
Ruth

The Ahlgren Family said...

OOOOOH! Praise God for His boundless goodness!!!
Many things in your testimony brought back precious memories of our pre-engagement time period! Indeed, the LORD has done GREAT things and continues to do GREAT and wondrous things!!!
And good for you setting the date right away! We are so happy for you two and are prying very much for you and your families!!! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you two!!! God never ceases to be amazing in all that he can do...that's definitely the sweetest story I've ever read. Thanks for posting.
Marie

Anonymous said...

Thank you so, so much. Your story is very challenging and your purity and love for the Lord is wonderful. Thanks again.

~A Friend

Anonymous said...

I could just read it over and over again!

amy said...

Hello Bethany,

I know you don't know me, but I've been reading your blog for about six months now. I just wanted to say congratulations! I'm so happy for the two of you! May God richly bless you both!

Amy

Bethany said...

Congratulations, Bethany and Dan! Your story is so sweet! December 19 is my parent's anniversary. :)

BTW, Bethany, I LOVE your name! :D

~Bethany L.

Ruth Ann said...

God is so very good.

Bethany, I'm happy for you. Thank you both for sharing your story - it's wonderful to hear both sides and how God brought it together. Thanks for your examples as well.

Love you Bethany!

Leah said...

So, so exciting! Congratulations Bethany & Daniel! :-)

Captain Coon Sparrow said...

Congrats you two!!!! I pray that the Lord will bless you both richly in your future life together.

Beth, I must say that the last picture is my favorite.

In the Heart of Jesus,
Vicki M.

Megan said...

Shamefully I'm just commenting now...but I'm so happy for you Bethany!! It's so wonderful and encouraging to hear how God has worked in your life and relationship. I love that your relationship has had HIM as the center from the beginning. Blessings to you!!
(((HUGS)))
Praying for you and Dan as you plan your life together! (and that there won't be a snowstorm :)

Love you lots Bethany.

Glad you caught yourself a man. lol ;)

AJ said...

Congratulations again!! (for the ummm... 4th time?? lol) This was really an interesting post. :)

May you both ever grow closer to each other and to Christ. May God continually bless your marriage!

Looking forward to the upcoming posts of your plans, wedding and when your at home, etc, etc. :D

Oh, and I will be praying!

lilyamongthorns16 said...

What a lovely story of God's work in your lives. Congrats to both of you. I pray the Lord blesses your marriage. Tie that knot tight!

Susan said...

Congratulations on your engagement! I enjoyed reading your story. God bless!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Bethany and Dan! what a wonderful love story. May god bless you, will be praying for you both.

Anonymous said...

Awww....that's precious! I've been reading your posts for a few months, Bethany, and though I've never met you I am so excited for you. Congratulations to you both!

Anna Naomi said...

Thank you both for sharing your wonderful story of God's faithfulness as He brought you together! It was fun to read the story and see all of joyful pictures together. =) May God bless you abundantly as you prepare for the wedding and your new life together!

Kiki said...

hello! I am kiki from Singapore, i came across your blog through maidens of worth, what an interesting blog and congrats to you on ur beautiful marriage:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bethany! That is WONDERFUL! It truly sounds like God has given you the man of your dreams to cherish. Thank you both so much for taking the time to type and post this precious entry with pictures. I was very encouraged by your testimonies, and I know that others will be too. May God richly bless you and Dan as you both prayerfully ready yourselves for this next exciting adventure/season in your lives! :)

Dianna

Caleb and Kirsten said...

Congratulations!!! :-D My husband Caleb works at Gen-J/HSLDA with Dan...we're so excited for both of you! Blessings on your preparations for a lifetime serving the Lord together! ~Kirsten D.

Anonymous said...

What a darling story. Congratulations!

Emily said...

What a beautiful story. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful story! :)

I'll be praying for both of you!

Blessings,
Michelle

~Desiree~ said...

AWW how sweet!!

Hannah Michelle said...

Wow!! What a beautiful story God has written for the two of you! This was soooo precious to read! Thanks for sharing this. Rejoicing with you over God's faithfulness! =) And now I'm gonna need a kleenex....

Anonymous said...

Bethany, are you EVER goin to post again?! I sure miss it.

Timothy said...

What a wonderful example of God's faithfulness! Our God is SO good! Your story is an inspiration and a blessing to read. May God continue to bless you both!

Timothy B. (perhaps the only male photographer among all your followers!)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh! Congratulations! You two have such a sweet relationship! What an amazing story! God is so good!

~An Indiana Aquaintance

P.S. I love your "Engaged" photo!:D

Caroline said...

What a wonderful courtship and engagement story, a love story written by the hand of God!
Congratulations you two. (((Hugs)))
I will keep you both in my prayers and I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding!

Hannsie said...

Congratulations Bethany! Your story is so sweet and a precious inspiration for us girls who are still at home, single. . . God has indeed blessed you and it has been exciting to see how He has answered prayers and worked in both of your lives. I look forward to the months ahead! God bless you Bethany!
Lovingly, Hannah Schoenfelder

Eva Banman said...

All I can say is WOW! God has tremendously blessed you both with each other. So often I pray and hope that I will one day get married too. And to whom that may be I do not know, unless God has other plans for my life. But I hope that you will pray that if it be GOd's will that I should marry, that I will find a Godly man. A man who will love me like Dan loves you Bethany. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!

Bria said...

Beautiful story! Sorry, I get it now! I can't wait for the day the Lord will bring me a husband!

Melanie said...

This has got to be one of the most beautiful love stories I have ever read! Isn't God good! May the Lord richly bless you as you prepare for your wedding and your life together. Keep your eyes on Jesus!

Brittany said...

Hi. I stumbled upon your blog on the YLCF courtship stories page. After skimming through yours and your family's blogs, I just wanted to say that your posts have been a blessing and encouragement to me. Thank you for posting.