Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pure ecstasy

I can hardly ignore all your comments asking for more details about the recent and exciting happenings in my life, and besides -- Dan is my favorite thing to talk and think about these days (just ask my family!...) so here is a brief update to tell you a little bit of what you've been wanting to read more about...



Dan and I have attended the same church for the past number of years and our families have been friends for awhile. Last summer Dan moved out to Virginia to work for HSLDA, meaning 1200 miles now seperated us -- which really wasn't that big of deal until we started becoming more than friends earlier this year. *grin*

As Dan and I have been courting the past few months (more about how the Lord brought us together in a future post...) we've enjoyed treasuring this season of life though the distance has definitely been tough at times! It'd been almost a month since we'd seen each other and it looked like it would be three more weeks before anything worked out and I'd already begun the count down of "21 days until I see Dan again!"

On Thursday Ruth and I were talking about life and what the Lord was teaching us (I love sister chats like that!) and I shared how much I was missing Dan. Just wanting to SEE him again. Though cell phones and texting is wonderful, nothing compares to actually being together!! I went on to tell her that I'd given these desires to the Lord; He knows best and I can trust His heart!


Little did I know...
Friday night Dan and I were talking on the phone around 11pm, looking forward to the weekend and having more time to visit with each other when Dan randomly switched subjects and asked: "Hey Bethany -- do you believe in miracles?" As I began answering his question, the door opened and IN WALKED DAN!


Talk about total shock. thrill. surprise. elation. joy. bliss. ecstasy.



!!WOW!!



"Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalms 37:4


So yes -- I had a marvelous weekend with Dan -- taking walks, having time to talk, going out for supper, reading the Bible and praying together, hanging out with our families, baking cookies together, and just enjoying each other's presence!


THANK YOU, Dan!
Have I told you yet how amazing you are?


"The Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes."
Psalm 118:23

44 comments:

Yvonne said...

That is so sweet, Bethany! I actually teared up while reading your post because I have a dad that lives and works far away.
What an amazing miracle of a weekend for you!

Sue said...

What a precious post! How sweet and how good our loving Heavenly Father is!
I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear more!

Emily said...

How fun!! I'm glad you had a great weekend.

Emily

Kayla said...

Aww, Bethany, I am so happy for you! What a precious time in your life this is. :) Love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Awww! That is so cool!
Thanks for sharing.
The pictures are all so sweet!
God bless!
~Lisa

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention, Bethany, that is WAS Mother's Day, too! So I claim part of the reason why he came home for the weekend. lol!

Love you, my lily in the valley!

Dan's Mother :-)

The Editor said...

What a wonderful *miracle* Bethany!

One of the best kind He loves to give us :)

Love the pics, too :)

Allison

Bethany said...

What a lovely post. I am enjoying reading about how God is working in your lives and I loved this post.

Amanda said...

It's so wonderful to be reading your posts about Dan. I've been reading your (and your family's) blog for a while and it's so lovely to read about this :o)

Lulu said...

How precious Bethany!! I am so happy for both of you.

Kenna said...

Aw... How cute! I was starting to tear up too. What a wonderful miracle and let me guess.... You DO believe in miracles. :)
Can't wait to hear more. Love the pictures!
God Bless!

Melanie said...

Oh Bethany! I am so happy for you! God is good!!

Anonymous said...

what a happy suprise!!
wowie

Paulina said...

I'm so happy for you! You make love seem like such a beautiful thing - I can't wait until it happens to me.

Emily said...

What a wonderful surprise! My "special man" surprised me last Valentine's Day. I was sitting on the couch, and he walked in the door. I was totally shocked. We are engaged now, and can't wait to spend more time together...forever!

Les said...

Awww...how wonderful! You two look so happy together! Looking forward to reading more of the story!:)

Ashley said...

That's so neat Bethany!! What a great surprise! Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

O Bethany!! What a fantastic, exactly PERFECT surprise! O! I'm so happy for you! I know how excited other courting friends get when they see their guys, you must have been jumping up and down!!

In Christ,
Rachel Clarke

Anonymous said...

That is such a neat surprise! Tha pictures are so sweet! thanks for sharing, and I'm looking forward to hearing the story of how y'all started courting!

Katrina Marie said...

What a lovely couple you two make!

Thank you for taking the time to share with the watching world the beautiful story God is writing between you and Dan.

Katelin and I are having a blast watching you from afar! *grin*

Keep up the blogging, please, as you are able!

Anonymous said...

So Sweet what a blessing! Keeping you in my prayers~
Love from afar...

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

Amen! We serve such a faithful, loving GOD!! What a special blessing from above!! So happy for your special weekend! I remember with fond memories those 'surprises'...they are priceless!!! Love ya, sis!

Ruth Ann said...

aww Bethany...this post makes me smile. I'm happy for you...you looks so radiant and beaming with the love God has given you for each other. You & Dan look like a match made in heaven.

I love that last picture of you two, in B&W...but your expression in every other picture is just beautiful. Can't wait to hear more. I won't dare bug you for more news, cause I can imagine how I'd be if I were in your place...wanting to spend every available moment with my man! But I love to hear or see your story in the snitches of time you have available to share. :) You're a dear girl!!

Love you dear!!!

MoonShaw said...

Awwww, I like the miracle... and the pictures are so sweet. I'm so happy for you!

Under Southern Skies said...

You look so happy, Bethany! And I am happy for you both! Looking forward to more posts. :)

simplysanctified said...

How wonderful and thrilling! May the Lord bless your relationship in such an amazing way that surpasses all your dreams!

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo happy for you Bethany! You two look SO IN LOVE! God Bless...

Anonymous said...

How special! Reading about your surprise makes me happy too!
A faithful blog reader

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for telling lots of the story we`ve been looking forward to, as well as sharing about your blessed weekend! Praise God. Dan sounds like a very wonderful young man!!!

Claire said...

Thanks for sharing that delightful story, Bethany. You are simply radiant in every photo! What a blessing to have a glimpse at your beautiful courtship.

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh! Just TOO sweet! Sounds so very special!

Thanks for the update:)!

~ An Indiana Aquaintance

Naomi said...

Oh... I loved that. :-) Thanks for sharing. :-) :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking time to post, Bethany...it was worth the wait! :D My family and I are so happy for you, and pray that you will be mightily blessed as you begin this new season in your life. :)

Blessings,
Dianna

PS We believe in miracles too. ;-)

The Southern Housewife said...

You guys look SO happy together. I remember those first months of being in love. Treasure them. They are amazing. :)

Ashley Sebo said...

How, Exciting! You know, Bethany, I can almost see your huge smile, while putting together that post!

Have a great week, thinking of Dan!

Hugs!

Cora Beth said...

WOW--what a great surprise!

The Pink Koala said...

I am going through a courtship myself and it is nice to see someone else who understands how exciting it is!!!

Amy said...

Thanks!

Britt said...

AWWW! We live in Virginia and HSLDA....we're members - a big thanks to Dan for working so hard there (in whatever it is he does!)

The Youngs said...

Bethany,
I am glad that Dan surprised you, it looks like you had a wonderful weekend. I am praying that God blesses your courtship and brings you closer together. Can't wait to hear the story.
In His Service,
Sarah

elizabeth said...

So Neat!! Please keep us updated!

Our Family said...

We also just joined HLSDA!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! When are you gettting married?

Love more details on this special guy! <3

Hannah said...

Hi, came across your blog on Maidens of Worth. So happy for you guys! What an amazing surprise!

-Hannah