Wednesday, April 01, 2009

NCHEA 2009: The drama

It's difficult summing up an 8 part drama in just a few pictures on a blog, but here is a little glimpse from last weekend...



WESTWARD HO!

It all begins with 4 families headed westward...

Mr. Ward


The Thompson Family

The clever Mr. and Mrs. Harris

Dodge and Shadow

Upon arriving out west, they all meet Mr. Rich E. Lands -- a huge land owner who has a smooth deal for them all. Will they sign the dotted line?! Some do, others don't...time will tell who was the wiser.


Heart-to-heart talks about growing...


...bad guys thinking up mischief....


...learning valuable lessons...


...Rich counting his wealth...


...and not listening to his brother's wisdom.


The bad guys sneaking...



...and telling the boss their plans are about to backfire...

"KABOOM!"



...surveying the damage after the dynamite blew...

...Rich E. lost it all...
...and is finally willing to listen.






It ended so powerfully, then, with Rich singing the theme song that Rachel had written:


"To know Your will, to hear Your voice,
To follow where You guide me!
To search Your Word, to live Your truth,
To know You're close beside me!

And I will follow You, Jesus.
To live a life that's pleasing.
Oh give me grace -- to do Your will;
And I will live for You."


A HUGE thank you to the drama team -- once again you did an outstanding job!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I get the be first! Looks like you posted it just a couple minutes ago! GOD BLESS!

FiveGreers said...

WOW! What a lot of work you all put into this drama!! The set and costumes are beautiful, and it looks like you had a great time doing the presentation! Wish we could have been there to watch! How fun to see all of the teamwork! Praise the Lord for all of you Godly youth!

Les said...

What wonderful pictures Bethany!! It's so fun to re-live the memories through the pictures! What an amazing weekend and you captured it so well! Hope we get to see more pictures!:)

Bek Axe said...

That looks like so much fun!

daughterofvision said...

SO fun! Wish I could've seen it live! :)
Chels

Ashley said...

Great post Bethany!! I love the pictures, you captured it beautifully!

And great job drama team for a wonderful job! I could watch it all over again... ;)

What a fun weekend.

Stephanie said...

It looks like you did a fantastic job! I really wish I could have been one of those children. :D

Bekah said...

Faboulous pictures Bethany! They turned out REALLY well, and you got some really good ones! A huge thanks to this years drama! You guys did do an absolutly, faboulously, oustanding job! May all the glory go to the Lord...As I know we all desire, and it does! Praise the Lord!

Naomi said...

WOW!! looks like lots of fun... and hard work..

very nice pictures Bethany!

Ruth Ann said...

It's like you give us this teaser to something that looks spectacular, and then we have to use our imagination to think what it was all like! Y'all did a great job, as I can tell from the pictures. Looks like it would be a wonderful place to come to. :) Thanks for the pictures, they're great!

Love you!
Ruth Ann

Kenna said...

Looks like you all had fun. Wish I could have seen it live but I guess I'll have to settle with pictures. :) And as always; you did a great job with the pictures, Bethany. Looks like a play that I would really have enjoyed.

God Bless!

Dan "the man" Beasley said...

WoW! Looks like a great, fun, exciting drama with lots of great lessons!

I must say the photographer did an outstanding job capturing the action!!!

It'd be nice to see a picture or two of her though...

Kelsey Anne Hoppman said...

Wonderful Job!
If there are any tips on acting you have could pass my way I would appreciate it! Our family might produce a movie in the future.
Thanks!
In His Grip,
Kelsey

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like such fun! Wish I could have been there!

~An Indiana Aquaintance

Ben said...

You have a beautiful Family, How i wish i was there for the Play. Great Work keep it Going. My Best wishes for your Family.