Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Psalms 96:11-12







"Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad;
Let the sea roar, and all its fullness;
Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it.
Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the Lord."






I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station through which God speaks to us every hour,
if we will only tune in.
-George Washington Carver


George W. Carver has an amazing story...if you've never read anything about him, I highly, highly recommend George Washington Carver: An American Biography by Rackham Holt.

10 comments:

Ranelle Del Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ranelle Del Belle said...

Yes, I love G.W.C.'s story, too! Have you all ever visited his home place/museum in Diamond, MO? It's not too far from us, so we've been there quite a few times. It's pretty neat to see the different things; and in the summer there are different activities sometimes planned like candle-making, basket-weaving, and other "homestead" daily activities. They also have a "lab" Discovery Center, where the children (and adults) can learn about GWC's science experiments.

If you haven't been there, I would recommend it sometime. :)

http://www.nps.gov/gwca/

Under Southern Skies said...

That is a very nice picture, and thought provoking quote. Thanks for sharing, Bethany!

Ruth Ann said...

wow, that's a beautiful thought! :) And the picture is gorgeous of course - fits right in with the quote and scripture.

Ben said...

This picture is AWSOME!

It reminds me of the Northwoods, where some of my favorite memories where made.

Couple that with the quote from G.W.Carver and you've iced the cake perfectly :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture!

Andrew Ranger said...

Our family has that book too...I second the recommendation to read that book also!

Stephanie said...

I really like that post Bethany, it has a lot of good truth to it.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love that quote Bethany, and I love nature! So thanks for posting it! The picture is fabulous! Might I tune in everyday!=)

Love Ya! Bekah

Zilly said...

Ohh I love this picture :)