Friday, January 16, 2009

Hebrews 11:3

"By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible."



















God does not expect us to argue with Him when He tells us to do something. He doesn't expect us to apply human logic to our circumstances. He simply expects us to obey and trust Him...If you trust God's Word, you will never regret it. Obedience allows you to operate despite seemingly impossible circumstances, because Jesus is more powerful than everything we can see or touch.
-Brother Yun in Living Water

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you receive your inspiration from so many authors and sources. We learn so much from reading a wide variety of materials - as well as listening to those around us.

God reveals himself in so many ways. I think we deepen our true spirituality by being open to all he has provided.

You have a wonderful mind, some great ideas, and so much musical and visual talent. Thanks for sharing these with us so WE have another source of inspiration.

Prayers and encouragement always.
Richard

Ruth Ann said...

Wow, this is great Bethany! Worth rereading again and again. By the way, for Christmas I had asked for "The Heavenly Man" by Brother Yun, and it was so profound, such an amazing and heart touching story. It hit home and made me think a whole lot. It's boggling to think that these things "really happen" but also encouraging to see others standing for Christ - what an example for us. May we also be faithful! So thank you for sharing this - this is something especially close to my heart as I've been dealing with this and other things in the past few weeks. :) Thanks a whole lot! Keep on reading. I wonder if you're like me - I've been reading books lately, and I have a pen in hand, underlining things that jump out at me. :) Then when I pick up the book later I can flip through and see the underlined parts and be encouraged again. :)

Love you!

Amy said...

Good verse!

Stephanie said...

Amen Bethany! Thanks for sharing that.