Monday, October 13, 2008

If

...men can do God's work in their own strength, then it is not God's work at all.

If we can accomplish tasks without God, then He will not get the glory. People will look at what we have done and give us the credit.

-Brother Yun


"Seek the Lord and His strength;

Seek His face evermore!"
Psalms 105:4


"It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect."
Psalms 18:32

"In the day when I cried out,
You answered me,
And made me bold with strength in my soul."
Psalms 138:3

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing this Bethany! It is so true.

KinaBolina said...

Wow! This really spoke to me...so true. It is all too easy to take credit for our own accomplishments and so difficult for us to realize we cannot do anything that truly matters without the power of the Holy Spirit working within our hearts.
Thank you so much for sharing this Bethany!

Stephanie said...

Amen! That is very true. It's very thought provoking as well.

Under Southern Skies said...

Thanks for sharing this, Bethany!
The picture looks unique!

Ruth Ann said...

Thank you for the great thoughts, Bethany!!

I LOVE that picture. :)

BrittLeigh said...

Excellent quote, Bethany! I take it you've read Brother Yun's book? Pretty amazing, huh?

BTW, beautiful picture!
((((HUGS))))and see you soon ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so glad I looked at your blog today!
I am going to be teaching 5 & 6 year olds tonight about the Power of God, and this post just fits so well!
Thank you again for using your blog to glorify God!
~Ruth Knapp~
Karlstad MN

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that verse is,I love the picture by the way. Kimberly.

Joanna said...

Oh Bethany! thats amazing... 'Heavenly Man' by Brother Yun is a wonderful book. Thanks for sharing
Joanna

Ashley said...

I really like the picture!