Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I'm rejoicing!

I've added to my photography gear again...this time the long dreamed for f/2.8 zoom lens! And it is really a testimony to my mother's prayers and perseverance when I'd given up.

Knowing that I had three weddings this fall, earlier this year I really, really began praying that it would work for me to get a Nikon VR f/2.8 70-200 zoom lens. And began shopping...and praying...and looking. Then with the China trip, it really looked doubtful that it would work financially. But God provided where I least suspected it, and in June things came together that I could place the order...only to call and find out that they were out of stock!

Two weeks...three weeks went by, and they finally came in stock -- but it was such a popular lens that it was back out of stock within hours! I had to leave for China then, but I asked my family to keep watching for it. The first week of July, B&H had another shipment come in. But again -- they were gone within hours. At this point I pretty much gave up on having the lens in time for the weddings.

But Mom kept praying...and calling...and was finally able to put in a back order. But it still looked like it would be a 5-8 weeks before the order could be filled. We all kept praying, and wonder of wonders: they came in stock, the lens was shipped -- and the huge package beat me home!! I know some of you were joining me in prayer this summer as well: THANK YOU!

Not only is the lens incredible and fun to use (I used it for a wedding I did last weekend, as well as most of the pictures posted here), but it is another reminder of how big my God is -- and how much He delights in working in our lives! Not only do I love to use the lens, but every time I go to put it on my camera, (which is pretty often!) it is a beautiful reminder of what my God did.

"O give thanks to the Lord!
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of all His wondrous works!
Glory in His holy name."

Psalms 105:1-3

21 comments:

The Marshall Artists said...

Wow! That is a neat lens, Bethany!

Isn't it amazing how much He cares about our 'little' things? :)

Love,
Allison

Jessica Mayo said...

Oh bethany, I am so happy for you! Yes our God is so wonderful, and at the times we are least expecting it. I am so glad you guys are all back home safely and together again. BTW cant wait to hear more about your trip-*hint-hint*
Blessings, Jessica M

Ruth Ann said...

God is so good - and thank you for sharing this wonderful news! Wow, I didn't know a lens could be so popular...maybe soon I'll understand why! I did notice the pictures over on your family's blog, and thought they were just exceptional and beautiful, but they seemed like "you" anyway, so I didn't think it was necessarily any new equipment. And, are you shooting on two cameras or just the new one? Just curious... :) So, you did the photography for Brittney's wedding?? How exciting, I was wondering if you did, but since you hadn't mentioned anything... Anyhow, are you going to post some pictures?? *grin* Although I know you mentioned having several weddings in a row, you are probably very busy right now! Thank you for your encouragement and I am so excited for you to be posting normally once again!! :)

Love you!
Ruth Ann

Stephanie said...

Praise God! He always works things out in His time.

The Ulmer Family said...

That's so exciting, Bethany! The Lord is truly our Provider!!
The pictures look fantastic, but I think it has far more to do with the photographer then the lens!! :)
Have a great week!!
~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures you'll take at those three weddings:). I'll be praying for you.

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

The Lord is good! I am glad you received the lens in time!

Goldfish said...

Congrats Bethany! It's always exciting getting new toys.

I'm in the midst of my photography class. i just got out of class. I didn't quite finish my 36 roll of film. I'm used to 24, but I'll manage! ;)

David said...

:-) (I don't know what to write except I'm happy for you).

The Lord knows you'll use it for His glory.

B&H Photo is a great company to work with, we've been using them for 30+ years.

Noelle said...

What a blessing! Congrats! :)

Pine Pod Farm said...

God is good to us all the time!

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!! You are one blessed girl! :-) I can hardly wait to see the pics from that beauty! Hint, hint. ;-) Glory to God for His 'detail work'!

Dianna

beautifulgraceblog said...

Wow. What an amazing story. So wonderful how God has only given you so much talent, but he also provides you with the supplies.

Maria Pauline

KinaBolina said...

His provisions are endless!

Your photography is a ministry of the wondrous works of God's hands. I know it has brought me much joy and a glimpse in to a beautiful family living for the one true God.

In His Love,
Caroline

Leah said...

Congratulations on the new lens! :) The 70 - 200mm is SO nice, isn't it?

I was reading over a couple of your comments.. and I noticed Ruth Ann mentioned you did Brittney & Andy's wedding pictures!?! How neat! :D Can't wait to see some. :)

A Flock of Sebos said...

NEAT LENS!!!

Praise the Lord! Thanks again for all your help!

Ashley

Bethany said...

No -- I didn't do the photography for Britt's wedding. I wasn't even able to attend as our family had prior commitments, and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from her special day as well!! :)

Johan said...

That is great! I can vouch for the 2.8 aperture. :-)

Anonymous said...

hey how soon is josiah and abi's wedding?

Amos said...

Hey Bethany! Congrats on the new lens Im sure you will enjoy it!

God Bless,
Amos H

KarenR said...

Yahoo for the new lens! It is amazing how the Lord grants our desires not because we necessarily need them, but does it just to make us smile, and because He loves us!