Thursday, April 17, 2008

Update

Hello to all Bethany's friends and faithful blog readers. This is Rachel, signing in to give you a quick update on how the week has progressed for my dear sister! We hear from her about once each day -- either during a quick break between classes, or as she 'winds down' in the evenings. They keep her schedule VERY full!


I know she will have many things to share with you when she gets back, but she asked me to extend her heartfelt thanks to you for your prayers and encouragement! It seems the Lord has been teaching her many things.....not only about photography, but about Himself and her own heart. I am personally looking forward to having her back in Nebraska on Saturday and hearing the details of her week.


But until then, I have to brag on her a little bit. (I'm her big sis, after all!!) Each day of the course, there are prizes awarded for three photos. With each student capturing approx. 20-40+ pictures each day -- and 29 students in attendance, this award is a huge honor for the chosen photographers.

So you can imagine our delight when we found this! Yes, Bethany's photo was chosen for Photo of the Day on Tuesday of this week! Congratulations, Bethany!!!

And that's all for now.... I'm sure she'll be eager to share more when she arrives home. [smile]

"How precious is Your loving kindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings"
Psalm 36:7

17 comments:

Abby Martin said...

How exciting! I can't wait for updates!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Bethany! I knew you were amazing at photography and now you have something to prove for it other than all your already awesome photos.:D

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Please give Bethany my congratulations! What a wonderful blessing!
Because He Lives,
Kourtney

lajiemarie said...

AW, WOW!
That's super, Bethany!!! CONGRATS! I can't wait to hear/see more :)

~Tori~ said...

How exciting!! Congratulations, Bethany!! Glad to hear that things are going so well for her! :-D

Dustynne said...

Congratulations Bethany! Praise the Lord! I'll continue to keep you in my prayers this last day or two.

Dustynne :)

Gem said...

How wonderful! I'm so glad for her!
Looking forward to updates! ^^

Lesley said...

Congratulations Bethany!!! How exciting! Thanks for the update Rachel.;)
~Lesley

Nicole said...

Oh my!! Congratulations Bethany! Heard you made it back safe and sound! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lady Ruth Ann said...

Rachel, thank you for updating and sharing with us how Bethany is doing. I would have loved to be there, but maybe another time. She has 'whet' my appetite and really encouraged me! And, that is exciting and really almost no surprise that Bethany achieved that award! She takes such excellent pictures.

And Bethany - I want to say that I truly hope that this has been a blessed week for you. Thank you for your example to all of us to use our talents for the Lord, and trust in Him at all times. I love you and have been so blessed by you!! Been thinking about you all this week and very much missed your posting!! Hopefully next week...

Have fun with your family this weekend as you enjoy being back with them!!

Love you!
Ruth Ann

Lady Ruth Ann said...

Oh Bethany! I had to come right back. :) I was browsing through the other days on the IPS website, to view the other pictures and read the stuff. And I came to Wednesday and started reading what was being shared about that day, and as I read, I was like "this sounds like Bethany sharing!" And sure enough I came to the end and it says "Bethany Wissmann." Oh that made my day!! It blessed me how you contrasted the spiritual with the lessons you are learning. It just really made my day for you to share the verse that says "light is sown for the righteous." Bethany, I just thank for blessing me today! :)

esther said...

Thank you, Rachel, for posting an update!
Congratulations, Bethany! That's a neat picture. If you have any pictures to share when you get home, they are more than welcome (*ahem*). I can't wait to hear your story!
God bless!

Bethany said...

Congratulations Bethany!

A HEART OF PRAISE said...

Congratulations to Bethany!!! :) How exciting!

The Bontrager Family Singers said...

The picture is awsome! Congratulations, Bethany.
Alliosn

--->AJ<--- said...

Congratulations Bethany!

Amber said...

What wonderful news! I really enjoy your photography! Great job!