Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A heads up!

For those of you interested in learning more about photography, I recently ran across a website that is offering a free photography course on "Telling a Story with Photos." Some of the content is very basic, but if you are just beginning, the basics are very important! And I need reminders and re-freshers every once in a while and have enjoyed reading their material.

After every lesson (four in all) they have a few practice assignments that consist of going out and taking pictures. What could be funner than that?! [grin] Or maybe you already know all the info that is shared and want to pass it on to a younger sibling -- having them read through the lessons then guiding them through the assignments.

There is a deadline, though...if you sign up, you must complete the course by April 11 -- so act fast! (And for those who are leery of bad content within photography lessons, I have previewed all the material and everything is safe).

11 comments:

Dustynne said...

Oh Bethany! That is such a beautiful picture!!!

ladygreen said...

I love the picture...she's beautiful!

annabellelizaviolet said...

Funner, Bethany?Funner!?!?!? You poor thing, you've been listening to a certain sister's vocabulary too long! ;)

Bethany said...

It looks very interesting. Just one question, do you have to own the suggested products to enroll? BTW that photo is so cute!

Bethany said...

annabellelizaviolet -- where ever did you get your name?! Wow. If I knew you better...... And about my choice of words: I've begun a dictionary of "sister-isms." ;)

:: :: :: :: :: ::

Bethany -- no, you don't have to own the suggested products to enroll. Yes -- they'd love you, but the course is completely free.

Stephanie said...

Charissa always seems to have the perfect pose. :D

Abby Martin said...

Thanks for posting that! I'll have to look more into it! =))

Dustynne said...

Hey Bethany! I just enrolled and completed lesson 1, quiz and all :)
Thanks so much for posting this! It's inspiring to me and very helpful. Now I'm ready to practice, practice, practice :-)

Chrissie said...

Hi! I've been checking in periodically, and love your work and the beautiful scriptures you place up on your posts. As a beginner photgrapher, I would really love to do this, so thanks for the tip. I feel so overwelmed at times at the many things to learn with my Canon, so most of the time I'm guessing. I can't wait to get going on this!
God bless you, dear friend! love your pictures -
Chrissie

Hannah said...

Hey Bethany!

That is such a cute picture!! :D

Thanks for posting this...I'm taking the course now, and it's really been very helpful to me! :)

I just wanted to post a warning though: in the group photo album (in the forum, the instructor posted a link to a Flickr album the students can use to post results), there are a few pictures that could be considered innappropriate (ie, a naked baby [nothing showing, just the idea...], and others), so I'd browse the pictures with caution or not at all. ;) Just wanted to throw that out there...

Nicole said...

hey dear!
this is really exciting!!
i think that seth haley over at snapped-it.blogspot.com is going also!
have fun!