Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Modern tools

I have a spelling checker;
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks for my revue
Miss steaks aye can know sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
It's vary polished in its weigh,
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when aye rime.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud.
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaws are knot aloud.

And now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
There are know faults with in my cite,
Of nun eye am a wear.

Each frays come posed up on my screen,
Eye trust to bee a joule.
The checker poured ore every word
To cheque some spelling rule.

That's why aye brake in two averse
By righting wants to pleas.
Sow now ewe sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear for pea seas.
::author unkown::

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is some spell-checker. Glad mine functions just a little bit better.

Lady Ruth Ann said...

that is hilarious Bethany!! I saw this a couple months ago and my siblings & I were laughing and laughing. Thanks for the laugh today!!

Blessings!
Ruth Ann

Nicole said...

love it, love it!!!
you too girl!

A HEART OF PRAISE said...

This is too funny! I will have to make sure I don't rely to much on the spell checker! lol! Ruth Ann sent this to me a few months back as well-so funny. :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a funny poem, Bethany! I personally can't stand spell-check (partly for that very reason : ), but my family loves it. I always tell them it doesn't give them an excuse not to learn how to spell words- now I have a terrific example of how it can turn out! : ) Thanks for the laugh! God bless!

Rachel Marie said...

oh my, that is HILARIOUS.
TOO TRUE :D ;)

abi said...

Now vat is dust way two funny! lol Fanks for all da smiles! ;) Luv ewe much!!!

Anonymous said...

According to whose dictionary? That was actually quite hard to read.

~AliisaJoy~ said...

Yikes - I had a hard time reading that! It almost gave me a headache. I guess I'm "two" used to my spell checker working the "write" way! ;P

esther said...

Thanks sow mush four posting that! I enjoy poetry, end I love too laugh!
It's so much fun to get on your blog and see what you post!
God Bless you.

Sara N. Smith said...

Quite hysterical! I love it! :)

Under Southern Skies said...

How funny!

~Bryant said...

Hello!
No, we weren't able to see Branson Landing at night! We wanted to stay another day in Branson so we could see it, but my sister and I had a piano recital on Sunday afternoon, so we had to leave Saturday afternoon.

Christina said...

Bethany,

How are you liking Family Portrait Photography?

Christina

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful my spell-checker works better than that, but that is really funny.God bless.

BrittLeigh said...

Ha! I love it :)

Johan Doornenbal said...

That poet must have been from England!! "Cheque" is the British version of "check". Additional proof: my (American) "spell checker" told me "cheque" was not a word, thus, it must have been run through an British "spell checker"!!

Johan Doornenbal

P.S. Have you ever seen a "lorry" going down the road? How about "a joint of mutton on the sideboard"?!!

Daniel said...

Wow! This is definitely something I will be passing on to others. :)