Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas baking

The winter season definitely has its own joys!

As the snow began falling again this afternoon, we decided it was time to make donuts, which is a once a year family tradition of ours. What makes it special is that the recipe is one that has been in the family for years and years, going back to my great-grandma. And believe me, this recipe has nothin' on Krispy Kremes!

What made it even more special is that my grandma is here for the weekend, and was able to make them with us and show us how it really goes! Love you, Grandma!

A cup of hot chocolate, a hot donut freshly glazed, family and friends to share them with...
yes, winter definitely has joys all its own!

18 comments:

Sara N. Smith said...

Oh, now you made me jealous....I'd like a recipe for donuts that are alot more delicious than Krispy Kreme!!! :)
What a wonderful family tradition!!

gandelr said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm donuts

abi said...

Those look so delicious! Please don't be SO tempting! :D Yummy, yum!!

~Aleksandra~ said...

yum!!! They look so good!! Love,
Aleks Klahn

Snapped-It said...

Could you mail me a few!?

-Seth

A HEART OF PRAISE said...

They look wonderful!! Are they baked or fried? We've tried making donuts before but I'm afraid they never turned out very well. :)

Rachel Marie said...

aw, now that is really *sweet* ;)
can I have some too?! :)

Stephanie said...

Those donuts look delicious! Cooking traditions are always special. Christmas is a wonderful season.

Under Southern Skies said...

Those look SOOOOO good! It's funny because I was just looking up a recipe for donuts, and here you post on making donuts! :)

Bethany said...

These donuts are fried -- and I just wish I could share them with you all!

Stephanie said...

MMMMMmmmmm. Now I know what I want to do when I get home for Christmas.

I've missed hearing about your life! Hope all is going well....

BrittLeigh said...

Mmm... you make my mouth water.... :)

((((HUGS))))

Gods little girl said...

WOW! they look SO good! save some for me!!

miss y'all!

Lady Ruth Ann said...

oh my, they look just like donuts - don't even look homemade!! They look better than storebought though, so they'd have to be homemade!!! ...definitely making my mouth water. Can you give us the recipe since you can't share them with us all!?!?

~ Ruth Ann

The Marshall Artists said...

Yum-yum!! :)

Eat a few extra for me, Bethany :)

They look great, way better than store-bought!!!

Allison

Amos said...

wait! save one for me! :)

KinaBolina said...

Mmm...I have got to try and make some! Yours look divine.

DUSTYNNE said...

Those look ab-so-lu-te-ly delicious. I wish I could be there (for 2 reasons!): 1. To see you all....and 2. To eat some of your donuts!!!!!!!!! :D