Friday, October 05, 2007

Please pray!!

After a very early morning and two flights, Rachel and I made it to Omaha safely. It was my first time flying commercially, so I enjoyed it to its fullest. [grin]


(Let it be known that we tried to get a picture of the two of us together....but it just didn't work.)

Now the rehearsal is tonight, the wedding tomorrow. Even though I have photographed a wedding before, I am still a bit apprehensive! But the Lord has been so good -- He has already answered so many prayers that I am humbled by His grace and blessing.

A few days ago as I was preparing and feeling slightly overwhelmed, the Lord sent this specific verse to encourage my heart:

"I will save you, and you shall be a blessing.
Do not fear, let your hands be strong."
Zephaniah 8:13

What encouragement is found in His Word if we only take the time to read it!


If any of you care to pray for the wedding pictures tomorrow, know that it would be much appreciated! There is nothing like the wonderful feeling of knowing and feeling the prayer support behind one. [smile]

Specific prayer requests would be for good weather, wisdom with technical skill, ability to capture those timeless moments, the bride and groom pleased, and most of all that the Lord will be glorified.

Watch for upcoming wedding picture posts!!

21 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Bethany I'm sure that they will be beautiful. I can't wait - I love wedding pictures and your photography is stunning, and blessed by the Lord. Keep up the courage, and seek to be a blessing. Love, Ruth Ann

Jacob said...

OK, praying. :)

--Jacob

David Kent said...

Will do. :-)

You do excellent work and I know you will do so tomorrow.

Don't let the bed bugs bite otherwise you won't get a good nights rest.

Rachel Marie said...

Oh, how wonderful, Bethany! I will pray for you! :)

Flying is so much fun. :) I love it. :) I'm so glad that you had a safe trip...! LOVELY picture, too, btw! ;)

I HIGHLY doubt that the bride and groom could be anything other than *pleased* with your photographic skills... ;) You'll do great!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Andrea said...

Wow....the third wedding I know of tomorrow! :-) I'll be praying for you, Bethany! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully! The Lord has given you a very special, and beautiful talent!

(Hugs!)

DUSTYNNE said...

I too know of another wedding tomorrow. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND RACHEL BOTH, BETHANY!!!

Hope you have a great time. Keep up the excellent, fantabulous work!!!

Dustynne

P.S. I love that picture of you!

DUSTYNNE said...

Oh, and by the way -- I CAN'T WAIT to see those wedding pictures!!!!!!! Post as soon as you can, ok?! :)

Claire said...

Surely I'll be praying, and will love to see the beautiful photos you will take! By the way, you look lovely in your "travel photo". :)

God bless!

Joel said...

I'm sure it will be just fine. It looked like you got some good pictures tonight as well!

Goldfish said...

A picture of Bethany on HER blog?!! :D It's alreday marked on my calendar! I'll be praying for you-- but you will do marvelous!! Just curious, how early were the flights...? :)

I can hardly wait to see the beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Bethany!! May He guide your hands as you "shoot" today!! :)
Love you! ~Chels

Kris said...

Hey, you are back in the state... if only for a short time! I am so excited to see the pictures I am sure they will turn out great, and you do have a really good assitant![smile] Have a good day, and a safe adventure back, love ya, and praying for ya!


Kris

Hannah said...

*praying*

Anonymous said...

Prayers always

Richard

Melissa said...

Wow, The Lord has given you special talent!! You can see it in your photos! I just came across your blog.


What type of camera do you use?

BrittLeigh said...

I haven't been able to visit your blog for quite awhile, and have enjoyed catching up. Unfortunately I wasn't aware that the wedding was this weekend.... I can't wait to hear how it went! I'm sure you did an incredible job, and for that I praise the Lord ;).

((((HUGS)))) I miss you a LOT!

Anonymous said...

I'm so anxious to see wedding pictures!!!! :)

Morgan

chelsy said...

wow bethany!! suspense is building....and i am checking your blog like every other hour!!!:)
can't wait!! love ya, chels

DUSTYNNE said...

Yes! Like I said last night to my parents..."I'll tell you what -- Bethany is talented at many things...including keeping people in suspense!!!"

:D

Jess said...

Hey!I can't wait to see your pictures!I'm sure they must be so awesome-like all your other pictures.So,I'll keep checking... B.T.W.-What type of camera do you use? Jess Mayo

Anonymous said...

My prayers were with you! He who called you is faithful, and He will do this(including all the sorting through afterwards!). I like your little added self esteem item in the picture.:D Keep shining for Him!