Friday, October 12, 2007

Light declares itself

"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us."
-2 Corinthians 4:6-7

We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we don't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining -- they just shine.
D.L. Moody

10 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

Amen! :D

And I love the picture... that is so beautiful! :)

Goldfish said...

WOW! Where did you take that picture?!

Anonymous said...

that is just beautiful. The picture goes with the verses and the quote so wonderfully. And that quote is really encouraging, thank you so much for sharing. ~ Ruth Ann

BrittLeigh said...

That is such a good quote! Thank you so much for sharing that bit of inspiration. Also, that photo is stunning. I love lighthouses!

Sure do miss you, dear!!! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

This is too ironic. Okay, maybe providence? My date and I were just talking about that very thing tonight. Thank you for sharing! God's ways are so much higher than ours. Did you know that you are a blessing to me? Just wondering. And what a picture!

Anonymous said...

AWSOME PICTURE!!! Where?????
-Allison Bontrager-

bonnie said...

WOW that quote is really neat and challenging!! Where did you take that picture? I am a lighthouse fan.

Emily h. said...

Thank you, Bethany for sharing that verse. I really love that one because, if God could command light to be, and He is shining light in my heart, how great that light in my heart must be! How impossible it would be to snuff it out! How He must love me to care about shining light in my heart if He is so powerful! Praise Him! Thanks for sharing! Emily

DUSTYNNE said...

Great quote, awesome picture, 'nother inspiration! Thanks much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bethany! This post was exactly what I needed to hear right now.

Love,

Elizabeth